Ace Football previews the Ligue 1 round 3 match between Lille and PSG and offers team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
Lille hope to close the gap on Ligue 1 leaders PSG, as they face off in a round 3 match this coming Sunday.
In a season where everything runs absolutely smoothly, Lille might be able to surprise. However, a finish inside the top half of the Ligue 1 looks like the most realistic scenario. Anything lower than at least a second-place finish would probably be considered a disappointment for PSG, as they look to build a title challenge.
There has been a real flow of goals lately at both ends of the pitch for Lille in recent games. Both teams scored in their last six matches on the spin, which definitely makes this scenario worth considering in the betting market this coming Sunday.
Position in the Ligue 1 standings: Lille vs PSG
According to the Ligue 1 table, the difference between the two teams is currently two points and one spot. This round 3 match will certainly influence both teams for the rest of the campaign. Hence, we can not wait to see Lille and PSG fight for the points in their upcoming clash on Sunday.
Lille vs PSG – Fixture History
Lille looking for more
It is difficult to point a finger at recent results for Lille, as they have performed according to their level. Les Dogues have gone unbeaten in their previous three matches, which included a 2-2 draw with Rennes, a 4-1 victory over Auxerre, and a 1-1 draw with Nantes.
PSG are looking formidable
PSG were untouchable in their last three matches. The Parisians first beat Nantes 4-0, then Clermont Foot by 0-5 and finally Montpellier by 5-2.
Latest games between Lille and PSG
The last time the two teams faced off against each other, PSG came away as 1-5 winners. It was a match played at Stade Pierre-Mauroy back in February 2022 in the Ligue 1. This time round, betting on PSG will get you odds 1.45, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 69% chance of beating Lille. You can get a price of 6.50, should you wish to add the home side to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Lille vs PSG Stats
Here are some interesting betting-relevant facts based on statistics from the last couple of matches that Lille and PSG played across all tournaments.
- In 6 of the last 8 matches Lille played, both teams scored
- Lille have scored in 11 of the last 13 matches
- Lille have conceded in 11 of the last 13 matches
- In the last 3 home matches in a row Lille played, both teams scored
- Lille have not lost 6 of the last 7 matches
- PSG have not lost the last 16 matches in a row
- PSG have scored in 33 of the last 35 matches
- PSG have won the last 9 matches in a row
- PSG have scored in 21 of the last 23 away matches
- PSG have won 8 of the last 9 away matches
- Lille have not won 18 of the last 20 matches versus PSG
- Lille have not won 9 of the last 10 home matches versus PSG
- Lille have conceded in 10 of the last 11 home matches versus PSG
- Lille have conceded in 10 of the last 12 matches versus PSG
- In 7 of the last 9 Lille matches versus PSG the sum of goals was under 3.5
When looking at the list of the in-form players from both teams, we see some interesting names popping up. Jonathan David currently stands out for Lille, with Kylian Mbappe starring for the visitors. We expect both could be among the goalscorers once again for their respective teams in the upcoming match this coming Sunday.
Match predictions: Lille vs PSG
To sum up, the upcoming Ligue 1 clash seems to be a good opportunity to place some bets. Taking into account the statements from above, we have come up with the main prediction for this match as well as some alternative betting tips.