Sports Innovation previews the Ligue 1 match between Nantes and PSG and offers team stats and betting tips with the latest odds.
Nantes and Paris Saint-Germain face off in round 25 at Stade de la Beaujoire on Saturday, and it has the look of a tight match between two teams currently looking evenly matched.
Nantes find themselves ranked in 10th in the Ligue 1 table with 35 points from their initial 24 matches. As number 1, 24 points ahead of their foes, we find PSG following their first 24 rounds of the season.
Going into the match as outsiders, Nantes will be highly motivated to keep their positive run going against the Parisians. A positive result at Stade de la Beaujoire certainly does not look beyond their powers.
Nantes go into their next Ligue 1 match, averaging a humble 1.2 goals per game in their last 10 matches, in which they scored a mundane 12 times, while conceding 9 goals. That amounts to an average of 0.9 per game, where they kept their opponents from scoring 4 times.
PSG travel to their coming match this coming Saturday having performed a tolerable average of 2 goals in 10 matches. They scored a total of 20 goals, whilst shipping 5 goals against. An average of 0.5 goals against a game. They hung on to 5 clean sheets in this streak.
Stats and facts for Nantes vs PSG in Ligue 1.
- Nantes have not lost 10 of the last 12 matches
- Nantes have won 6 of the last 7 home matches
- Nantes have scored in 10 of the last 12 matches
- Nantes have not conceded in 5 of the last 6 home matches
- PSG have not lost 20 of the last 22 matches
- PSG have scored in the last 12 matches in a row
- In 8 of the last 10 away matches PSG played, both teams scored
- PSG have conceded in 8 of the last 10 away matches
- Nantes have conceded in the last 21 matches in a row versus PSG
- Nantes have lost 18 of the last 20 matches versus PSG
- Nantes have not won 22 of the last 24 matches versus PSG
- In the last 4 Nantes matches versus PSG the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 6 of the last 8 Nantes home matches versus PSG the sum of goals was under 3.5
Current form — Nantes vs PSG
Hosts are in nice flow
Nantes look back on their last 3 matches with 6 points to show from their efforts. Against Strasbourg, they were left empty-handed in a 1-0 defeat, but they avenged themselves by beating SC Bastia in a 2-0 win. They followed that up with a 1-0 win against Reims in their most recent outing.
Parisians continue to sparkle
PSG enter the contest in excellent form. In their last 3 matches, they first beat Lille 5-1 before cruising past Rennes by a 1-0 scoreline. They won again last time out, beating Real Madrid 1-0.
How do the bookies view it?
On paper, PSG are the clear favorites and look the value pick here at odds of 1.48, depending on your preferred betting strategy. The home win currently settles at 8.00, should the hosts manage to escape with all 3 points. A point for each team ramps up an accumulator with odds of 4.75.
Nantes vs PSG – Fixture History
Nantes got knocked out when PSG took a 3-1 win in their latest Ligue 1 encounter. It served as payback for the 2-1 defeat, Nantes handed out in the reverse match. The past 10 matches between Nantes and PSG have largely been entertaining matches. With more than two goals coming out 6 times in these encounters, it is only natural to look for goals on Saturday.
Current table in the Ligue 1
Primary goal getter
Ahead of their latest Ligue 1 match, both Nantes and PSG will be looking for their main strikers. Accordingly, we have listed some of the in-form players who are expected to be getting it on for each team this season.