Ace Football previews the Ligue 1 game between Lens and PSG, who meet up on Sunday. The match preview includes the current team news, H2H stats as well as the best betting tips for the match.
Lens go up against PSG at Stade Bollaert-Delelis on Sunday in the Ligue 1 round 17 clash. Lens will be out to cut short the lead in the Ligue 1 table, which the upcoming opponents PSG currently possess.
Position in the Ligue 1 standings: Lens vs PSG
The current standings in the Ligue 1 show us how Lens and PSG have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 17 clash this coming Sunday.
Lens vs PSG – Fixture History
Lens hope to boost points tally
Lens look well suited to take on any opponent presently, as their last 3 matches saw them gain 7 points. They ran out 1-2 and 2-1 against Angers and Clermont Foot, respectively. Their winning streak came to an end against Nice, who claimed a point in a 0-0 draw.
PSG keep on winning
PSG seem untouchable In their last three matches, the Parisians first beat Lorient 1-2, then Auxerre by 5-0, and finally Strasbourg by 2-1.
Latest encounters between Lens and PSG
The two meetings between Lens and PSG ended in 1-1 draws during the 2021/22 campaign. Both games ended 0-0 in the first half, with all goals coming after the break.
Lens vs PSG Stats
Here are some interesting betting-relevant facts based on statistics from the last couple of matches that Lens and PSG played across all tournaments.
- Lens have not lost the last 21 home matches in a row
- Lens have not lost 32 of the last 33 matches
- In the last 14 Lens matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Lens have won 13 of the last 15 home matches
- In 14 of the last 16 Lens home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- PSG have not lost the last 38 matches in a row
- PSG have not lost the last 19 away matches in a row
- PSG have scored in 37 of the last 38 matches
- PSG have won the last 10 matches in a row
- PSG have won the last 9 matches in a row and the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Lens have not won 12 of the last 13 matches versus PSG
- In 11 of the last 13 Lens matches versus PSG the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Lens have scored in 12 of the last 14 home matches versus PSG
- In 5 of the last 6 matches Lens versus PSG played, both teams scored
- Lens have not won 8 of the last 9 home matches versus PSG
Man of the Moment
It is difficult to look past Kylian Mbappe when searching for a goalscorer. He seems unstoppable and has hit the target 6 times in the last 6 matches for PSG. His season total reads 13 goals scored in Ligue 1 matches right now.
With 3 goals in his last 6 matches for Lens, Wesley Said is the player to look out for, as he will be gunning for more Ligue 1 goals this coming Sunday.
Best betting tips: Lens vs PSG
To sum up, the upcoming match between Lens and PSG seems to be a good betting opportunity. Considering the above statements, we have come up with the main prediction for this game but also some alternative ones.