Ace Football Team previews the Premier League round 3 match between Leeds and Chelsea who meet up on Sunday. The pre-match analysis includes the latest team stats, match history and the best betting tips.
Leeds enjoy home advantage when visitors Chelsea swing by on Sunday for a clash in the Premier League. The former will be looking to make that home advantage count.
The target is set for Leeds whose aim is to stay above the relegation line in the coming season in the Premier League. While a title race is perhaps too much of a long shot, a top-four finish does not look beyond Chelsea, should they manage to catch a strong momentum.
Leeds have their target aimed at getting one over Chelsea this coming Sunday, but the latter is highly motivated of showing their skills in front of the crowd at Elland Road.
Current table in the Premier League
The current standings in the Premier League show us how Leeds and Chelsea have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 3 clash this coming Sunday.
Latest form and previous Premier League encounters between Leeds and Chelsea
Leeds on a roll
Leeds will be out to extend their fine run of results lately. The Whites have collected seven points from their last three matches, as they ran out 1-2 and 2-1 winners against Brentford and Wolverhampton, respectively. Against Southampton, they had to settle for a draw after a 2-2 draw.
Chelsea tough to break down
Chelsea look well suited to take on any opponent presently, as their last three matches saw them gaining seven points. They ran out 2-1 and 0-1 winners against Watford and Everton, respectively. Their winning streak came to an end against Tottenham, who claimed a point in a 2-2 draw.
Fixture history: Leeds vs Chelsea
The last time the two teams faced off against each other, Chelsea came away as 0-3 winners. It was a match played at Elland Road back in May 2022 in the Premier League. This time round, betting on Chelsea will get you odds 1.55, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 65% chance of beating Leeds. You can get a price of 5.75, should you wish to add a home win to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Highlights from the last match between Leeds and Chelsea:
Leeds vs Chelsea Stats
Here are some interesting betting-relevant facts based on statistics from the last couple of matches that Leeds and Chelsea played across all tournaments.
- Leeds have conceded in 16 of the last 18 home matches
- In 7 of the last 9 matches Leeds played, both teams scored
- Leeds have conceded in 11 of the last 12 matches
- Leeds have not lost 8 of the last 9 matches
- Leeds have scored in 8 of the last 9 matches
- Chelsea have scored in 32 of the last 34 matches
- Chelsea have scored in 15 of the last 17 away matches
- In 7 of the last 9 matches Chelsea played, both teams scored
- Chelsea have conceded in 11 of the last 13 matches
- Chelsea have not lost 6 of the last 8 matches
- In the last 7 Leeds home matches versus Chelsea the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Leeds have not won 11 of the last 13 matches versus Chelsea
- In 6 of the last 7 Leeds home matches versus Chelsea the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Leeds have lost 4 of the last 5 matches versus Chelsea
- Leeds have not lost 5 of the last 6 home matches versus Chelsea
Players to zoom in on in Leeds vs Chelsea
As the new Premier League campaign has recently started, we are still a bit in the dark, as to which striker will dominate the top scorer table for Leeds and Chelsea this season. However, there might be some interesting prospects, when looking at the list of players who are in the best form at the moment.
Match predictions: Leeds vs Chelsea
To sum up, the upcoming match between Leeds and Chelsea seems to be a good betting opportunity. Considering the above statements, we have come up with the main prediction for this game but also some alternative ones.