Ace Football previews the Serie A match between Lazio and AC Milan and offers betting tips, odds, line-ups, and team news.
Lazio and AC Milan square off in Rome on Monday night seeking a return to winning ways in Serie A.
Both clubs are battling for European football next season. Lazio are in sixth-place in Serie A and eight points behind fourth-placed Milan. The hosts, though, have a game in hand. So if they win this match, it could be a massive boost in their bid for a Champions League spot.
It should set up an interesting night of football between the Italian giants. Lazio have impressed at home recently and will be determined to bag the three points, but Milan are no pushovers on the road either.
Lazio Form & Stats
A 5-2 defeat to Napoli last week snapped Lazio out of a five-match winning run in Serie A. It cost them valuable ground in the top-four race ahead of their match with AC Milan, a team they lost 6-2 on aggregate to last season.
In fact, Lazio haven’t kept a clean sheet against the Rossoneri since February 2012. Their home record, though, is impressive. They’re gunning for a 10th consecutive league win at the Stadio Olimpico for only the third time in history, having previously done so in 1937 and 1974.
Ciro Immobile, meanwhile, has been in good form recently. The 2019/20 Golden Boot winner has scored three goals in his last two outings. He also has a decent record against AC Milan, with six goals in 12 appearances.
Key Team Stats
- Won their last 9 home games in Serie A.
- Drawn 3 of their last 4 home games against AC Milan in all competitions.
- Over 6.5 goals in their last 2 games in Serie A.
- BTTS in their last 4 home games in all competitions.
- Not kept a clean sheet against AC Milan in their last 17 games in all competitions.
- Ciro Immobile has scored 6 goals in 12 league games against AC Milan.
AC Milan Form & Stats
Stefano Pioli’s side, like Lazio, saw a winning run end in the form of a disappointing defeat last time out. They fell 2-1 to Sassuolo at San Siro. With Zlatan Ibrahimovic injured, Milan struggled to convert their chances and fell to a fifth home loss of the season.
The 18-time Serie A champions’ form on the road, however, is a different story. They have the league’s best away record, with only a single defeat to Spezia across 15 matches (W13 D1).
And with Ibrahimovic unavailable again, attention will turn to Rafael Leao and Mario Mandzukic in the attack. Although Franck Kessie has scored 10 goals this season already. The midfielder has fared well against Lazio in the past and could be worth a punt on.
Key Team Stats
- Won 3 of their last 5 games in Serie A (D1 L1).
- BTTS in each of their last 5 games in Serie A.
- Aiming for 3 consecutive wins against Lazio in Serie A for the first time since 2009.
- Won 13 of their 15 away games in Serie A (D1 L1).
- Over 3.5 goals in their last 2 away games in Serie A.
- 8 of their 38 conceded goals have come from corner-kicks.
- Franck Kessie has scored three goals in six games against Lazio in Serie A.
Out: Gonzalo Escalante, Luiz Felipe, Luis Alberto.
Out: Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Theo Hernandez.
(Note: The image will change to the official XI once they’re both announced)
Top Goalscorers in Serie A
Below are some head-to-head stats on each team’s recent form in Serie A.