Sports Innovation previews the La Liga match between Real Madrid and Valencia and offers team stats and betting tips with the latest odds.
Real Madrid look to bounce back from a disappointing start to 2022 at home to Valencia on Saturday night.
Los Blancos began the new year with a surprise 1-0 defeat to Getafe last weekend. It saw their lead at the top of the La Liga table reduced to six points, with second-place Sevilla boasting a game in hand. Therefore, they can’t afford any slip-ups at the Bernabeu on Saturday.
Valencia, on the other hand, have climbed back up into ninth on the back of just one defeat in their last eight La Liga games but have a poor head-to-head record against their latest opponents.
Stats and facts for Real Madrid and Valencia in La Liga.
- Real Madrid have not lost 25 of the last 26 home matches
- Real Madrid have won 11 of the last 13 matches
- Real Madrid have scored in 11 of the last 13 matches
- Real Madrid have not conceded in the last 4 home matches in a row
- Valencia have scored in 22 of the last 24 matches
- In the last 5 matches in a row Valencia played, both teams scored
- Valencia have won 5 of the last 6 matches
- Valencia have conceded in the last 5 matches in a row
- Real Madrid have scored in the last 19 matches in a row versus Valencia
- Real Madrid have not lost the last 13 home matches versus Valencia in a row
- In the last 19 Real Madrid matches versus Valencia the sum of goals was over 1.5
- Real Madrid have won 5 of the last 6 home matches versus Valencia
- In 6 of the last 7 Real Madrid matches versus Valencia the sum of goals was under 3.5
Current form — Real Madrid vs Valencia
Los Blancos are in nice flow
Real Madrid are a bit back and forth at the moment, but at least mostly forth, as they beat Athletic Bilbao by 2-1. Following that up proved too difficult, as they lost 1-0 against Getafe, before claiming 3 points in a 3-1 win against Alcoyano.
Los Che hope for another positive result
Valencia are a bit back and forth at the moment, but at least mostly forth, as they beat Levante by 3-4. Following that up proved too difficult as they lost 1-2 against Espanyol, before claiming 3 points in a 1-2 win against Cartagena.
How do the bookies view it?
Home advantage, along with their superior record in La Liga this season, makes Real Madrid the odds-on favorites. ComeOne! has priced Carlo Ancelotti’s men to take home all 3 points at 1.36. Betfair is offering odds of 5.50 for a draw, while a Valencia victory is priced at 9.00 on Bet365.
Real Madrid vs Valencia — fixture history
The last match between these teams was in La Liga back in 19 September 2021 and saw Real Madrid claim a 2-1 victory.
Los Blancos enter the match against Valencia with a 6-2-2 record in their previous 10 encounters in La Liga. This amounts to a 60% winning ratio for the hosts, with the away side victorious in 20% of the last 10 encounters.
Current table in the La Liga
As the current La Liga standings shows us, the difference between the two teams is 18 points. Even though Valencia cannot overtake Real Madrid in the league standings right away, they will surely look to reduce or at least maintain the current gap. Real Madrid, who are ranked 1st with 46 points, will do their part to widen the distance to their upcoming opponents on Saturday.
It is difficult to look past Goncalo Guedes, when searching for a goalscorer. He seems in wonderful shape and hit the target 3 times in recent matches for Valencia. His season total reads 6 goals scored in La Liga matches right now.
With 4 goals lately for Real Madrid, Karim Benzema is the player to look out for. He will be gunning for more La Liga goals on Saturday.