Our betting analysts at Ace Football preview the La Liga round 5 game between Celta Vigo and Mallorca and offer team stats, facts and the best betting suggestions for the match.
On Saturday at Abanca Balaidos, Celta Vigo will face Mallorca in a La Liga match. Celta Vigo are currently ranked 13th in the La Liga table with four points after four games, while Mallorca sit two points behind them, placing them at number 17.
Team form: Celta Vigo vs Mallorca
Celta Vigo Form
Celta Vigo drew 1-1 with Real Sociedad, lost 0-1 against Real Madrid, and then beat Almeria 2-3 in their last three matches. However, they have only won two of their recent six La Liga matches at home, drawing one and losing three, scoring five goals and conceding seven.
Mallorca lost to Villarreal and Granada by scores of 0-1 and 3-2, respectively, in their previous two games before drawing 0-0 with Athletic Bilbao. They have not won any of their last six away games in La Liga, with one draw and five losses. During these six games, they conceded 15 goals and scored only five.
Betting facts for Celta Vigo and Mallorca
Here are some interesting betting-relevant stats and facts. They take into account matches that Celta Vigo and Mallorca played across all tournaments.
- In 15 of the last 17 Celta Vigo home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 13 of the last 15 Celta Vigo matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Celta Vigo have lost 3 of the last 4 home matches without scoring a goal
- In the last 4 Celta Vigo home matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Celta Vigo have lost 3 of the last 4 home matches while scoring less than 0.5 goals
- In the last 3 away matches in a row Mallorca played, both teams scored
- Mallorca have scored in 9 of the last 10 matches
- Mallorca have scored in 10 of the last 12 away matches
- Mallorca have not won 8 of the last 10 away matches
- Mallorca have not lost 8 of the last 10 matches
Interesting players: Celta Vigo vs Mallorca
Unai Nunez, who has only scored once in six La Liga matches, is looking to regain his scoring form this Saturday. Meanwhile, Mallorca are hoping that Abdon Prats can add to his recent goal, having scored only once in six La Liga games.
Betting markets: Celta Vigo vs Mallorca
At Abanca Balaidos, Celta Vigo won four out of 10 games while drawing one and losing five, while Mallorca won two out of 10 away games, drew three, and lost five.
Both teams to score
In five out of the last ten games, Celta Vigo scored the first goal of the match, while Mallorca only scored the opening goal in three out of their last ten away games. Additionally, in their previous five away meetings with Celta Vigo, Mallorca bagged at least one goal.
During their last ten matches, Celta Vigo had four games that ended with more than 2.5 goals. They scored an average of 1.6 goals. Meanwhile, Mallorca had four games with over 2.5 goals, scoring an average of 2.3 goals. Notably, Celta Vigo did not manage to keep a clean sheet in any of their previous 11 La Liga matches.
Betting suggestion: Celta Vigo vs Mallorca
To sum up, the upcoming match between Celta Vigo and Mallorca seems to be a good betting opportunity. Considering the above statements, we have come up with a betting prediction for this La Liga game.