Our betting experts at Ace Football preview the La Liga match between Celta Vigo and Getafe. Keep reading to get the latest team stats and betting tips.
Celta Vigo enjoy home advantage, when visitors Getafe swing by on Sunday for a clash in the La Liga.
As of now, Celta Vigo are positioned in 18th place in the La Liga table, having accumulated five points after eight matches. On the other hand, Getafe hold the 11th position with nine points from eight matches played.
Team form: Celta Vigo vs Getafe
Celta Vigo Form
Celta Vigo only got one point in their last three games. They lost 3-2 against Barcelona, drew 1-1 with Deportivo Alaves, and lost 2-1 against Las Palmas. In La Liga, Celta Vigo only managed to win one home match out of six. They also drew two matches and lost three, scoring four goals and conceding seven.
Getafe did not win any of their last three games, but they still earned two points. They lost 4-3 against Real Sociedad and drew 2-2 with Athletic Bilbao. They also had a 0-0 draw with Villarreal. Getafe only won once in their last six away games in La Liga. In addition to the one win, they also had two draws and three losses, with a total of 11 goals scored and 7 goals conceded.
Betting stats for Celta Vigo and Getafe
Here are some interesting betting-relevant stats and facts. They take into account matches that Celta Vigo and Getafe played across all tournaments.
- In 16 of the last 18 Celta Vigo home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Celta Vigo have lost the last 3 home matches in a row without scoring a goal
- Celta Vigo have lost the last 3 home matches in a row while scoring less than 0.5 goals
- In the last 5 Celta Vigo home matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Celta Vigo have lost the last 3 home matches in a row and the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In 10 of the last 12 Getafe away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In the last 4 Getafe away matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In the last 3 matches in a row Getafe played, both teams scored
- Getafe have lost the last 3 away matches in a row and the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 6 of the last 8 Getafe matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
Players under the radar: Celta Vigo vs Getafe
Joergen Strand Larsen has been in good form, scoring twice in his last six La Liga matches for Celta Vigo. The team looks to him to add a third goal on Sunday. On the other side, Borja Mayoral has been productive for Getafe, accumulating three goals in his past six La Liga games.
Betting markets: Celta Vigo vs Getafe
Abanca Balaidos saw Celta Vigo secure three victories in their last 10 matches, while they also recorded two draws and suffered five losses in this period. On the other hand, Getafe won three of their last 10 away games, drew two, and lost five.
Both teams to score
Getafe managed the first goal of the game in only three of those 10 previous games played. Meanwhile, Celta Vigo were first on target in seven of their last 10 outings.
In their last ten matches, Celta Vigo had four matches with more than 2.5 goals, and they scored an average of 1.2 goals in those matches. Getafe had over 2.5 goals in seven of their last ten matches, with an average of 1.5 goals scored. It’s surprising that Celta Vigo conceded a goal in their last 15 La Liga matches.
Suggested bet: Celta Vigo vs Getafe
To sum up, the upcoming match between Celta Vigo and Getafe seems to be a good betting opportunity. Considering the above statements, we have come up with a betting prediction for this La Liga game.