Ace Football previews the Major League Soccer game between LA Galaxy and CF Montreal. The match preview includes the current team and H2H stats as well as the best betting tips for the match.
LA Galaxy go up against CF Montreal at Dignity Health Sports Park in the Major League Soccer clash on Independence Day. Both clubs will aim to do their best to prove to their fans that they are the better side on the pitch. We are bound to see an exciting game.
Position in the Major League Soccer standings: LA Galaxy vs CF Montreal
At the halfway of the regular season, the two clubs sit five points apart. Montreal have made a better start to the current campaign. The home side sit in third place in the Eastern Conference, having managed 29 points from their opening 17 games. In contrast, LA Galaxy occupy the seventh spot in the Western Conference with 24 points from 16 games.
Latest form and previous Major League Soccer encounters between LA Galaxy and CF Montreal
LA Galaxy low on confidence
LA Galaxy go into this encounter hoping to turn a page, as performances in recent matches have been pretty scrappy. In the first of their last three games, they drew 1-1 against Portland Timbers. They then suffered back-to-back defeats, losing 2-1 to the Sacramento Republic and 3-2 to Minnesota United.
CF Montreal in decent shape
Results have been on par for CF Montreal in their past games, as they have performed more or less according to expectations. In the first of their last three games, they lost 4-0 to Toronto. They bounced back to winning ways afterward though, beating both Charlotte and Seattle Sounders 2-1.
Latest encounters between LA Galaxy and CF Montreal
This will be the first time in 3 seasons these two teams take on each other. Depending on your betting strategy, you could do worse than adding the team showing the most stable results to your accumulator. The last meeting was in September 2019, which saw LA Galaxy claim a slender 2-1 win over Montreal.
Highlights from the last time LA Galaxy and CF Montreal met:
Betting stats and facts for LA Galaxy and CF Montreal
Let’s have a look at some of the most interesting betting-relevant facts based on stats from the last couple of games that LA Galaxy and CF Montreal played across all tournaments.
- LA Galaxy have scored in 21 of the last 23 home matches
- In 8 of the last 9 matches LA Galaxy played, both teams scored
- In the last 5 home matches in a row LA Galaxy played, both teams scored
- LA Galaxy have conceded in the last 9 matches in a row
- LA Galaxy have scored in 11 of the last 13 matches
- CF Montreal have conceded in 24 of the last 26 away matches
- CF Montreal have conceded in 19 of the last 21 matches
- CF Montreal have scored in 16 of the last 18 matches
- In 7 of the last 9 away matches CF Montreal played, both teams scored
- CF Montreal have scored in 8 of the last 9 away matches
- LA Galaxy have not lost the last 6 matches versus CF Montreal in a row
- LA Galaxy have won the last 3 matches versus CF Montreal in a row
- LA Galaxy have scored in the last 6 matches in a row versus CF Montreal
- LA Galaxy have won the last 3 home matches versus CF Montreal in a row
- In 5 of the last 6 LA Galaxy matches versus CF Montreal the sum of goals was under 3.5
Players to zoom in on in LA Galaxy vs CF Montreal
It is difficult to look past Dejan Joveljic, when on the search for a marksman. He seems to be on a strong run as he hit the target four times in his last 6 games for LA Galaxy. Romell Quioto has managed to score three times in the last half dozen matches for CF Montreal. It is probably safe to say that they will both be looking to add to their total here once again.
Match predictions: LA Galaxy vs CF Montreal
To summarise, the upcoming match between LA Galaxy and CF Montreal appears to be a good chance to place some bets. Therefore, we have come up with the recommended betting suggestion for this game. However, we also present some lower and higher-risk alternatives.