Ace Football previews the Serie A match between Juventus and Fiorentina, and offers betting tips, odds, line-ups, and team news.
Juventus hope to end 2020 on a high as the Serie A champions welcome Fiorentina to Turin for their last match of the year.
The third-place hosts aim to keep the pressure on pacesetters AC Milan in the league standings with another three points. Fiorentina, on the other hand, sit just four points above the relegation zone in 16th.
Cristiano Ronaldo struck twice from the 12-yard box to help Juventus defeat Fiorentina 3-0 in their last meeting back in February. The win also extended the club’s unbeaten record against their latest opponents to five games (W4 D1).
And while the return of Cesare Prandelli as head coach has been a welcome addition for La Viola, Juve are unlikely to ease off the gas as they aim to end the year in the same way they started it with a sound victory.
Juventus Form & Stats
The Bianconeri appear to have clicked into gear, having won nine of their last 12 games in all competitions (D3). Last weekend’s 4-0 win over Parma was easily one of their most convincing victories of the season.
At the center of proceedings in Parma was Cristiano Ronaldo. The Portuguese star was at his prolific best, scoring his fourth brace in eight games to take his tally up to 33 Serie A goals in 2020. Nobody, not even Robert Lewandowski (32 goals), has bettered CR7’s tally for the calendar year.
Andrea Pirlo will hope for more of the same from his star player as he aims to put a bumpy start to his debut campaign behind him. The Juventus boss remains unbeaten in the league, but six draws in his 13 games (W7) have cost the club valuable ground to title rivals AC Milan and Inter.
But Juventus have only conceded a league-best of 10 goals and have won four of their last six league games (D2). Only Inter can better that, having won all six of their previous matches.
Key Team Stats
- Won 5 of their last 6 games in all competitions (D1).
- Won their last 6 home games against Fiorentina in all competitions.
- Kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 6 games against Fiorentina.
- First-half goal scored in each of their last 6 home games.
- Best defensive record in the league – 10 goals conceded.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 3 goals in his 4 league games against Fiorentina.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 2 goals in a game in 4 of his last 8 appearances in all competitions.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is averaging a goal every 61 minutes in the league this season.
Fiorentina Form & Stats
Cesare Prandelli has endured a difficult return so far. The Italian coach, who famously transformed Fiorentina from relegation strugglers into a Champions League outfit during his first spell, has returned in a bid to revive the club’s fortunes.
The former Italy boss has only won one of his seven games (D3 L3) since replacing the fired Giuseppe Iachini, though.
Fiorentina’s last league victory, in fact, came in a 3-2 triumph over Udinese in October. They’re now on an eight-match winless run (D4 L4), without a single win on the road all season, and have won just two of their 13 games (D5 L6) overall.
La Viola have also failed to score in their last four away league games, losing three of them (D1). Although Prandelli has overseen an improvement in defense, with the club only conceding over one goal in a game in just two of his seven fixtures.
Facing the in-form champions, who boast former Fiorentina stars Federico Bernardeschi and Federico Chiesa, couldn’t have come at a more difficult moment for the visitors. But Prandelli has promised to give it everything.
Key Team Stats
- Winless in their last 8 league games (D4 L4).
- Drawn 1-1 in 3 of their last 4 league games.
- Failed to score in their last 4 away league games.
- Conceded the first goal in their last 5 games.
- Received the first card in their last 6 games.
- First card received inside the opening 20 minutes in their last 2 games.
- 9 of their last 10 games against Juventus have resulted in 4 or more cards.
Juventus: Merih Demiral (thigh), Arthur Melo (thigh).
Fiorentina: Joseph Alfred Duncan (doubt).
(Note: The image will change to the official XI once they’re both announced)
Top Goalscorers in Recent Games
Below are some head-to-head stats on each team’s recent form in Serie A.