Ace Football previews the Championship game between Hull and Luton who meet up this Friday. The match preview includes the current team news, H2H stats as well as the best betting tips for the match.
Hull come up against visiting side Luton in a Championship round 12 match. The duel will take place at the MKM Stadium on Friday and it should be interesting enough to follow. Hull are looking for payback after suffering a disappointing defeat in their latest encounter with Luton but odds don’t favor them to pull it off.
Position in the Championship table: Hull vs Luton
The current standings in the Championship show us how Hull and Luton have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 12 clash on Friday.
Current form and previous Championship encounter between Hull and Luton
Hull are in serious trouble
Hull go into this encounter hoping to turn a page, as performances in recent matches have been pretty scrappy. Hull endured a tough spell in their previous three matches, which brought three defeats. They lost 0-2 against Sheffield United, before Stoke won 0-3, while Swansea claimed all three points in a 3-0 win.
Luton performing to expectations
It is difficult to point a finger at recent results for Luton, as they have performed according to their level. In their past three matches, Luton lost 1-2 against Wigan, drew 2-2 with Coventry and won 2-0 against Blackburn.
Latest games between Hull and Luton
The last time the two teams faced off against each other, Luton came away as 1-3 winners. It was a match played at the MKM Stadium back in March 2022 in the Championship. This time round, betting on Luton will get you odds 2.37, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 42% chance of beating Hull. You can get a price of 3.00, should you wish to add Hull to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Highlights from the last time Hull and Luton met:
Betting stats and facts for Hull and Luton
Let’s have a look at some of the most interesting betting-relevant facts based on stats from the last couple of games that Hull and Luton played across all tournaments.
- Hull have conceded in 19 of the last 21 matches
- Hull have conceded in 15 of the last 16 home matches
- Hull have lost the last 4 matches in a row
- Hull have not won 8 of the last 10 matches
- Hull have not scored in the last 3 matches in a row
- Luton have not lost 7 of the last 8 away matches
- Luton have won 6 of the last 8 away matches
- In 4 of the last 5 matches Luton played, both teams scored
- Luton have scored in the last 6 matches in a row
- Luton have scored in 7 of the last 8 away matches
- Hull have lost the last 3 matches versus Luton in a row
- In 3 of the last 4 Hull home matches versus Luton the sum of goals was under 1.5
- Hull have not won the last 4 home matches versus Luton in a row
- In 5 of the last 6 Hull matches versus Luton the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Hull have not won the last 3 matches versus Luton in a row
Players to focus on in Hull vs Luton
It is difficult to look past Oscar Estupinan, when on the search for a marksman. He seems to be on a strong run as he hit the target 5 times in his last 6 games for Hull. Carlton Morris has managed to score 6 times in the last half dozen matches for Luton. It is probably safe to say that they will both be looking to add to their total here once again.
Hull vs Luton Match predictions
In conclusion, we present betting tips for this Championship match, which are based on the above statements. Besides the main prediction for this game, we have also come up with some lower and higher-risk alternatives.