Ace Football previews the La Liga clash between Getafe and Atletico Madrid and offers team stats, fixture history, betting tips and the latest odds.
Getafe enjoy home advantage when visitors Atletico Madrid swing by this coming Monday for a clash in the La Liga. The former will be looking to make that home advantage count.
In a season where everything runs absolutely smoothly, Getafe might be able to surprise. However, a finish inside the top half of the La Liga looks like the most realistic scenario. Atletico Madrid will have their sight set on grabbing the trophy, while a place in the top 2 looks a likely prospect before the La Liga gets rolling.
We are bound to see an exciting game this coming Monday as both Getafe and Atletico Madrid will do their best to show their fans that they are the better team on the pitch in this Madrid derby.
Position in the La Liga standings: Getafe vs Atletico Madrid
In the opening round of the La Liga, Getafe and Atletico Madrid will battle for their first points this campaign. Since Atletico Madrid are the favorites, they are expected to only be satisfied with all three points from this match. However, Getafe will surely not make it easy for them and might as well want to grab a point in their first game of the season.
Latest form and fixture history of Getafe against Atletico Madrid
Can Getafe make it four 0-0 home draws in a row?
The 2021/22 La Liga campaign ended on a low note for Getafe. The Azulones finished their last five games winless (D4 L1), scored just two goals, and lost 3-1 to Elche on the final day. They also drew 0-0 in all of their three most recent home matches in the Spanish league.
Atletico Madrid hope to continue mini-resurgence
Despite surrendering their La Liga crown in 2021/22, Atletico Madrid enjoyed a strong end to the campaign. The Colchoneros won three of their last four league matches (D1), and are on a two-match-winning run on the road in the Spanish top-flight.
Fixture history: Getafe vs Atletico Madrid
Supporters will be hoping to see another thrilling encounter between the pair. Atletico Madrid won 4-3 against Getafe in a fantastic match when they last faced off in the La Liga in February 2022.
Betting stats and facts for Getafe and Atletico Madrid
Here are some interesting betting-relevant facts based on statistics from the last couple of matches that Getafe and Atletico Madrid played across all tournaments.
- Getafe have not lost 16 of the last 18 home matches
- Getafe have not won 11 of the last 13 matches
- Getafe have not won 9 of the last 11 home matches
- Getafe have drawn 5 of the last 7 home matches
- Getafe have conceded in 5 of the last 6 matches
- Atletico Madrid have not lost 9 of the last 10 matches
- Atletico Madrid have won 5 of the last 6 matches
- Atletico Madrid have won the last 3 away matches in a row
- Atletico Madrid have scored in the last 6 matches in a row
- Atletico Madrid have not lost the last 3 away matches in a row
- Getafe have not won the last 19 matches versus Atletico Madrid in a row
- Getafe have lost 17 of the last 19 matches versus Atletico Madrid
- In 17 of the last 19 Getafe matches versus Atletico Madrid the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 13 of the last 15 Getafe matches versus Atletico Madrid the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In 15 of the last 17 Getafe home matches versus Atletico Madrid the sum of goals was under 3.5
Players to focus on in Getafe vs Atletico Madrid
When looking at the list of the in-form players from both teams, we see some interesting names popping up. Borja Mayoral currently stands out for Getafe, with Rodrigo De Paul starring for the visitors. We expect both could be among the goalscorers once again for their respective teams in the upcoming match this coming Monday.
Best betting tips: Getafe vs Atletico Madrid
In conclusion, we present betting tips for this game between Getafe and Atletico Madrid, which are based on the above-mentioned stats and facts. Besides the main prediction for this match, we have some low and high-risk alternatives as well.