The Germany national team have suffered a COVID-19 outbreak ahead of their World Cup qualifying games.
Germany national team director Olivier Bierhoff confirmed on Tuesday that Niklas Sule has tested positive for COVID-19.
The Bayern Munich defender, alongside four other Mannschaft players who have close contact with him, have moved to isolation.
Serge Gnabry, Jamal Musiala, Karim Adeyemi, and Joshua Kimmich are the four players who will pull out of the squad due to the incident.
Kimmich revealed last month that he is not vaccinated. The 26-year-old said he is not against vaccination but will wait for studies on its long-term effects.
“The squad is still strong, and we will prepare for the two games in World Cup qualification from noon today and make them successful,” said Bierhoff.
“The situation is not easy for the players, but there is no huge concern now.”
Asked about the vaccination status of the isolated players, Bierhoff responded: “I won’t give you any information about that. The vaccination plays a role in the decision, but also how close the contact was.
“I have already given my personal opinion on vaccination against COVID-19. Joshua Kimmich’s opinion is also known. We have to accept that.”
Germany will play against Liechtenstein and Armenia in their upcoming World Cup qualifiers. Monaco’s Kevin Volland and Wolfsburg duo Ridle Baku and Maximilian Arnold have been added to the squad to cover for the isolated players.