Napoli coach Gennaro Gattuso confirms Arkadiusz Milik is most likely leaving the club but refused to conclude on Kalidou Koulibaly.
Milik and Koulibaly have been linked with an exit from Napoli all summer.
The Senegalese defender has attracted strong interest from Manchester City. However, talks have stalled over the Citizens’ reluctance to speak to De Laurentiis directly.
On the other hand, Milik enters the final year of his contract and could leave as a free agent next summer if his future isn’t resolved.
Earlier on Friday, the Polish forward was left out of Napoli’s 4-0 friendly win over Pescara amid negotiations with Roma, Juventus and Tottenham Hotspur.
Gattuso indeed confirmed it was due to transfer speculation and hinted the player could be sold. For Koulibaly, the situation remains the same and he could yet stay at the club.
“We were very clear with Milik last year, we told him that he had to renew his contract, but he refused to do so and knows our view on this” Gattuso told Sky Sport Italia.
“If Arek doesn’t find another club, then it won’t be an easy situation for him, because we have already signed another two forwards. There’s no room for him.”
“Koulibaly has a precise asking price, and if the club doesn’t get the money it is asking for, then he won’t leave.”