The Gunners forward was not called up by Tite despite his incredible start to the new season.
Gabriel Jesus has insisted he has no hard feelings toward Tite after missing out on Brazil’s latest squad.
The 25-year-old has started the season on fantastic form after his move to Arsenal earlier this summer.
Tite has to choose from a host of top-class forwards for the World Cup. But Jesus’ snub has still caught many observers by surprise due to his recent performances.
“There was (contact), after the call-up, yes,” Jesus told ESPN Brasil, as quoted by Sport Witness. “I respect the coach’s decision a lot, I respect Tite, the entire staff.
“As I said, I’m Brazilian, I’ll always root for the team. And I also respect the other players, who have a lot of quality. I’ll keep doing my best to have the opportunity again.
“What is in my control is my performance. I will always try to give my best, finish the plays,” he added. “Today I had some chances that I could also improve a little more, I know. I’ve been training, trying to do my best.”
Jesus’ move to Arsenal has enabled him to fully activate his potential after his difficulties with rotation at Manchester City.
The Brazilian forward has directly contributed to seven goals in his seven appearances for the Gunners so far. Mikel Arteta’s men are preparing for their upcoming derby against Tottenham on October 1.