Ace Football previews the Premier League match between Fulham and Manchester City, and offers betting tips, odds, line-ups, and team news.
Manchester City take a trip to Craven Cottage on Saturday night to face the relegation-threatened Fulham in their latest Premier League match.
The runaway leaders can temporarily move 17 points clear at the top of the standings with a victory in London. Although Fulham, who sit 42 points behind City in 18th-place, are no pushovers, as Liverpool discovered last weekend at Anfield.
Beating the reigning champions gave the visitors a timely boost for Saturday’s showdown. Compared to the injury and confidence-depleted Liverpool, however, City are different beast altogether and crushed Southampton 5-2 in their last outing.
Fulham Form & Stats
A resilient defensive display earned Fulham a famous 1-0 win at Liverpool last weekend and a third victory in six games (D2 L1). Only goal difference keeps them in the relegation zone, as they’re level on 26 points with Burnley and just two points adrift of 16th-placed Newcastle. It’s an impressive turnaround indeed.
Their home form, though, has been underwhelming. The Cottagers have the league’s joint-worst record, having won only two and lost eight of their 14 games at Craven Cottage (D4). Just eight goals, meanwhile, is the worst tally of the English top-flight. It’s not a great outlook, especially given the club’s poor record against Manchester City.
Unlike some bottom-half teams, however, Fulham have held their own against the big six. Scott Parker has kept his side organized and disciplined at the back, with the club keeping the scoreline level at half-time and conceding just two goals in five of the last seven games.
Key Team Stats
- Won 3 of their last 6 league games (D1 L1).
- Kept 5 clean sheets in their last 7 league games.
- Joint-worst home record in the league with 2 wins in 14 games (D4 L8).
- Only scored 8 home goals in the league.
- Under 2.5 goals scored in their last 8 league games.
- Winless in their last 24 home league games against the established top-6 clubs (D2 L22).
- Ademola Lookman has been directly involved in Fulham’s last 4 goals (2 goals and 2 assists).
Manchester City Form & Stats
After Manchester United ended their record-breaking winning run, Pep Guardiola’s men bounced back in style by thrashing Southampton 5-2 on Wednesday. They’ve now scored 43 goals in their last 17 league games, with only seven goals conceded.
Manchester City have also won their previous seven away games in the league by a 19-3 scoreline and have only lost once on the road all season (W9 D3). Phil Foden, meanwhile, has played a big part in this run. The young midfielder has made six-goal contributions (four goals, two assists) in his last six matches away from home as a starter.
As Guardiola could make rotations again, with the Champions League game against Borussia Monchengladbach next week in mind, Raheem Sterling may return. The winger had a rest against Southampton. Therefore, especially with his superb record in London, Fulham may have trouble dealing with him.
Key Team Stats
- Won their last 12 away games in all competitions.
- Won their last 10 games against Fulham in all competitions and scored in each of the past 26 meetings.
- Only dropped points twice in 15 league games against bottom-half sides (D2).
- Scored the first goal in their last 7 away games in all competitions.
- Phil Foden has made 6 goal contributions (four goals, two assists) in his last 6 away league games as a starter.
- Raheem Sterling has managed 10 goals and 6 assists in 16 league games against London clubs for Manchester City.
- Pep Guardiola has won each of his 5 games against Fulham with an aggregate scoreline of 13-0.
Out: Tom Cairney, Marek Rodak.
(Note: The image will change to the official XI once they’re both announced)
Top Goalscorers in Premier League
Below are some head-to-head stats on each team’s recent form in Premier League.