Our betting experts preview the FA Cup match between Fleetwood and Sheffield Wednesday and offer team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
Fleetwood enjoy home advantage when visitors Sheffield Wednesday swing by this coming Tuesday for a FA Cup replay.
The two clubs played out a 1-1 draw on January 28 in the first game of this fourth-round tie. They now meet again at the Highbury Stadium in a must-win match. The victor will face either Ipswich Town or Burnley in the next stage of the competition.
Fleetwood vs Sheffield Wednesday Preview
In their last three matches, Fleetwood lost 0-2 against Portsmouth, and drew 1-1 with Sheffield Wednesday, before losing to Burton by 2-3. In their last six FA Cup home matches, the Fishermen have two wins, while they’ve drawn one and lost three. They scored nine and conceded nine goals.
Sheffield Wednesday Form
Sheffield Wednesday look in good shape before their upcoming match as they seek to remain unbeaten. In their last three matches, they first beat Fleetwood by 1-0, before drawing 1-1 with Fleetwood. They were back as winners last time out when they took out Plymouth by a 1-0 scoreline. In their last six FA Cup away matches, the Owls have three wins. They’ve no draws, but lost three. They scored five while also conceding ten times.
Fleetwood vs Sheffield Wednesday Stats
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Fleetwood and Sheffield Wednesday. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- In the last 12 Fleetwood matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Fleetwood have scored in 17 of the last 19 matches
- Fleetwood have conceded in 14 of the last 15 home matches
- In 11 of the last 13 Fleetwood home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 7 of the last 9 home matches Fleetwood played, both teams scored
- Sheffield Wednesday have not lost the last 13 matches in a row
- Sheffield Wednesday have scored in 25 of the last 27 matches
- In 12 of the last 13 Sheffield Wednesday matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 13 of the last 15 Sheffield Wednesday away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Sheffield Wednesday have scored in 16 of the last 18 away matches
Fleetwood vs Sheffield Wednesday Betting Tips
The home crowd at Highbury Stadium witnessed Fleetwood win four of their 10 latest matches across all tournaments. They drew one and lost five in this run. Sheffield Wednesday won five of their previous 10 games away, drew three, and lost two.
Both teams to score
Fleetwood managed to open the scoreline in no less than five of their previous 10 games. Sheffield Wednesday performed a similar feat as they scored the opener in six of their last 10 games.
Fleetwood performed an average of 1.3 goals a game in their previous ten matches in which over 2.5 goals came out seven times. Over 2.5 goals came up in three of Sheffield Wednesday’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 1.6 goals in these matches. Fleetwood conceded a goal in their previous 6 matches. Sheffield Wednesday scored at least once in their previous 8 matches on the bounce.
Match predictions: Fleetwood vs Sheffield Wednesday
To sum up, the upcoming match between Fleetwood and Sheffield Wednesday seems to be a good betting opportunity.