Our betting experts preview the Liga match between FC Porto and Braga and offer team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
FC Porto are highly favored by the bookmakers to claim a win on Friday against Braga in the Primeira Liga. Considering the current shape a home win at Estadio do Dragao seem to be the obvious outcome.
FC Porto are out to avenge a disappointing loss against Braga in the most recent meeting between these two teams. The bookmakers are siding with them for a bit of payback, but the visitors won’t go down easy.
Position in the Primeira Liga standings: FC Porto vs Braga
The current standings in the Primeira Liga show us how FC Porto and Braga have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 8 clash on Friday.
Latest form and fixture history of FC Porto against Braga
FC Porto look inconsistent
Results have been mixed for FC Porto across their last three outings. Things got off to a bright start when the Dragons defeated Chaves 3-0. But they then lost 0-4 against Club Bruges and were later held to a 1-1 draw with Estoril.
Braga mean business
Braga look fabulous with three wins on the trot, starting off against Rio Ave, who were defeated by a 2-3 scoreline. Then, Union Berlin got outclassed in a 1-0 win, before beating Vizela by 2-0.
Fixture history: FC Porto vs Braga
The last time the pair played each other, Braga came away as 1-0 winners in the Primeira Liga, back in April 2022. At the time of writing, the bookmakers are offering the following prices on this encounter: betting on Braga will get you odds 4.20, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 24% chance of winning at the Estadio do Dragao. You can get a price of 1.70, should you wish to add FC Porto to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
FC Porto vs Braga Stats
Here are some interesting betting-relevant facts based on statistics from the last couple of matches that FC Porto and Braga played across all tournaments.
- FC Porto have scored in 38 of the last 40 home matches
- FC Porto have not lost 21 of the last 23 home matches
- FC Porto have won 12 of the last 13 home matches
- FC Porto have scored in 23 of the last 25 matches
- FC Porto have not won 3 of the last 4 matches
- Braga have won 14 of the last 16 matches
- Braga have scored in 25 of the last 27 matches
- Braga have not lost 19 of the last 21 matches
- Braga have scored in 18 of the last 20 away matches
- Braga have not lost 14 of the last 16 away matches
- FC Porto have not lost 21 of the last 23 home matches versus Braga
- FC Porto have scored in 23 of the last 25 matches versus Braga
- FC Porto have scored in 21 of the last 23 home matches versus Braga
- FC Porto have won 11 of the last 13 home matches versus Braga
- In 5 of the last 7 matches FC Porto versus Braga played, both teams scored
When looking at the list of the in-form players from both teams, we see some interesting names popping up. Mehdi Taremi currently stands out for FC Porto, with Ricardo Horta starring for the visitors. We expect both could be among the goalscorers once again for their respective teams in the upcoming match on Friday.
Match predictions: FC Porto vs Braga
To sum up, the upcoming Liga clash seems to be a good opportunity to place some bets. Taking into account the statements from above, we have come up with the main prediction for this match as well as some alternative betting tips.