Ace Football previews the European Championship round 10 match between Portugal and Iceland and offers team news, stats and a free betting tip with the latest odds.
In Group J of the Euro 2024 qualifiers, Portugal will play Iceland at Estádio José Alvalade on Sunday. Portugal ran out 0-1 winners the last time these two rivals played each other and are in pursuit of yet another three points this coming Sunday. Rest assured, the latter have their target aimed at getting one back.
Team form: Portugal vs Iceland
Portugal are enjoying their football, having won their three most recent matches. It began with a 3-2 win against Slovakia. They went on to beat Bosnia-Herzegovina by 0-5, before also getting the better of Liechtenstein in a 0-2 victory. Portugal took six wins in their last six internationals, as they scored 21 and let in two goals.
In their last three matches, Iceland drew 1-1 with Luxembourg, won 4-0 against Liechtenstein, and lost 4-2 against Slovakia. In their last six internationals, Iceland won twice, while also recording one draw. They endured three defeats in this run, with a scoreline from these matches saying nine goals conceded and nine scored.
Betting stats for Portugal and Iceland
Let’s have a look at some of the most interesting betting-relevant facts based on the stats from the last couple of matches that Portugal and Iceland played across all tournaments.
- Portugal have won 7 of the last 8 matches without conceding a goal
- Portugal have won 15 of the last 17 home matches while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- Portugal have won 15 of the last 17 home matches
- Portugal have won 7 of the last 8 home matches while scoring more than 2.5 goals
- Portugal have scored in 22 of the last 24 home matches
- In the last 6 Iceland away matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Iceland have conceded in 12 of the last 14 away matches
- Iceland have scored in 10 of the last 12 matches
- Iceland have lost 3 of the last 4 away matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- Iceland have lost 3 of the last 4 away matches and the sum of goals was over 2.5
Players on top: Portugal vs Iceland
Popular markets: Portugal vs Iceland
Portugal won nine of their last 10 home matches across all tournaments, losing one time. Iceland won one of their last 10 games away from home, with three draws and six defeats as well. Portugal have a great record of nine wins on the bounce. They have not lost to Iceland in four consecutive meetings.
Both teams to score
Portugal scored the first goal of the match an impressive nine times in the last ten home games. Iceland got the opening goal in four out of their last ten away games. Portugal were able to win eight of their matches last 10 matches without conceding a goal. The Navigators have also scored in four consecutive meetings with Iceland.
Over 2.5 goals happened in six of Portugal’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They pulled off an average of 3.4 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals came out as a winning bet in seven of the previous ten outings for Iceland, who were on target an average of 1.8 times per game. Portugal scored at least once in their previous nine matches.
Suggested bet: Portugal vs Iceland
Here we present a free betting tip for this European Championship match. The prediction is formed as a conclusion based on the abovementioned stats and facts for Portugal and Iceland.