Ace Football team offers the European Championship round 9 match preview for Finland and Northern Ireland who meet up on Friday. The pre-match analysis includes the latest fixture stats and facts and a free betting tip for our readers.
In Group H of the Euro 2024 qualifiers, Finland will play Northern Ireland at the Helsinki Olympic Stadium on Friday. The last time these two teams squared up, Finland ran out 0-1 winners which they surely won’t mind doing again at Olympiastadion.
Team form: Finland vs Northern Ireland
In their last three matches, Finland lost 0-1 against Denmark, 3-0 against Slovenia, and 1-2 against Kazakhstan. Finland claimed a middle-of-the-road three wins in their previous six internationals. They also drew zero and lost three, as they scored ten and conceded six goals.
Northern Ireland Form
Northern Ireland are currently a little too inconsistent for their own good. Against Kazakhstan, they lost 1-0, before winning 3-0 against San Marino. They came out on the losing end once again in a 0-1 defeat against Slovenia. Northern Ireland managed to win just once in their past six internationals. They also drew zero and lost five, while scoring eight times and letting in five.
Betting facts for Finland and Northern Ireland
Here are some interesting betting-relevant stats and facts. They take into account matches that Finland and Northern Ireland played across all tournaments.
- In 29 of the last 31 Finland home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 12 of the last 14 Finland matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 9 of the last 11 Finland home matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Finland have lost the last 3 matches in a row while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- Finland have lost the last 3 matches in a row
- Northern Ireland have lost 5 of the last 7 matches without scoring a goal
- Northern Ireland have lost 5 of the last 7 matches and the sum of goals was under 1.5
- Northern Ireland have lost 5 of the last 7 matches while scoring less than 0.5 goals
- In 5 of the last 7 Northern Ireland matches the sum of goals was under 1.5
- Northern Ireland have lost 6 of the last 7 matches
Players on top: Finland vs Northern Ireland
Daniel Haakans is showing good form for Finland, scoring three goals in their last six matches. Josh Magennis has scored once in his previous half-dozen outings.
Popular markets: Finland vs Northern Ireland
Finland won three of their previous 10 matches across all tournaments at the Olympiastadion. They drew three and lost four as well, while Northern Ireland won two of their last 10 games away. They drew one and lost seven.
Both teams to score
Northern Ireland managed the first goal of the game in only two of their 10 previous games played. Meanwhile, Finland were first on target in five of their last 10 outings.
Over 2.5 goals was a winning bet in four of Finland’s past ten matches across all tournaments. They scored 1.2 goals on average along the way. Over 2.5 goals came up in four of Northern Ireland’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of one goal in these matches.
Recommended tip: Finland vs Northern Ireland
In conclusion, the upcoming game between Finland and Northern Ireland seems like a decent betting opportunity. Considering the abovementioned stats and facts, we have come up with a betting suggestion for this European Championship match.