Ace Football previews the Europa League game between Lens and Freiburg who meet up on Thursday. The match preview includes the current team news, stats, and a recommended betting tip.
Lens enjoy home advantage, when visitors Freiburg swing by on Thursday for a clash in the Europa League. This is the first leg of the knockout round play-off tie between Lens and Freiburg.
Form: Lens vs Freiburg
Lens swept all aside in their last three matches and started off by winning 0-2 against Toulouse. They went on to defeat Nantes 0-1 and made it three on the spin against Strasbourg in a 3-1 victory. The Blood and Gold won four of their last six Europa League matches on home soil, while drawing once and losing once. They conceded seven and scored 15 goals.
Freiburg endured a tough spell in their last three matches, from which they have nothing to show. They were beaten 3-1 by Werder Bremen, before VfB Stuttgart ran out 1-3 winners. A third defeat on the trot followed against Borussia Dortmund, who came out 3-0 winners. The Breisgau Brazilians managed a decent return of three wins in their last six Europa League away matches, in which they scored 11 while also conceding seven times. They also experienced one draw and two defeats.
Betting stats for Lens and Freiburg
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Lens and Freiburg. The facts are based on the statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- Lens have scored in the last 21 home matches in a row in the Europa League
- In the last 7 home matches in a row Lens played in the Europa League, both teams scored
- Lens have not lost 13 of the last 15 home matches in the Europa League
- Lens have won 8 of the last 10 home matches in the Europa League
- In 8 of the last 10 Lens home matches in the Europa League, the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Freiburg have scored in 16 of the last 18 matches
- In 5 of the last 6 Freiburg matches in the Europa League, the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Freiburg have not lost 8 of the last 10 matches
- In 3 of the last 4 Freiburg matches the sum of goals was over 4.5
- Freiburg have won 3 of the last 4 matches in the Europa League while scoring more than 2.5 goals
Players under the radar: Lens vs Freiburg
David Costa has been the star man for Lens recently, having scored a goal in each of the club’s last three matches. He will hope to keep his scoring streak alive on Thursday when Freiburg head to town.
Popular betting markets: Lens vs Freiburg
Lens won six of the previous 10 home matches across all tournaments, drawing three and losing one as well. Freiburg won four from a possible 10 away from home, as they also drew zero and lost six in this run.
Both teams to score
Lens managed three wins without conceding a goal in their previous 10 matches across all tournaments. The The Blood and Gold scored the first goal in six out of these 10 games. Curiously, Freiburg only scored the opening goal of the match in three of the last ten away games.
Over 2.5 goals happened in four of Lens’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They scored an average of 1.5 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals came up in six of Freiburg’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 1.5 goals in these matches.
Recommended tip: Lens vs Freiburg
In conclusion, we have a free betting prediction for this game between Lens and Freiburg. The betting tip was formed based on the abovementioned statements.