Our betting experts at Ace Football preview the Europa League match between Benfica and Toulouse. Keep reading to get the latest team news, stats and betting tips.
The spotlight is on both Benfica and Toulouse. They face each other this coming Thursday in the Europa League at Estadio da Luz. This is the first leg of their knockout round play-off tie.
Team form: Benfica vs Toulouse
Benfica look well suited to take on any opponent presently, as their last three matches saw them stay unbeaten. They ran out 3-0 and 1-2 winners against Gil Vicente and Vizela respectively. Their winning streak came to an end against Vitoria de Guimaraes, who claimed a point in a 2-2 draw. Benfica won three of their previous six matches at Estadio da Luz in the Europa League. They drew three and suffered zero defeats, scoring 18 goals to nine conceded.
It is all or nothing with Toulouse following one win in their previous three outings. They first went down 0-2 in an encounter with Lens to which, they replied by beating Reims 2-3. Their latest encounter once again had them on the losing side, when they lost 1-2 against Nantes. Toulouse claimed two wins against one draw and three defeats in their last six away matches in the Europa League. The scoreline from these matches reads 14 goals conceded and seven scored.
Betting stats and facts for Benfica and Toulouse
Here are some interesting betting-relevant stats and facts. They take into account matches that Benfica and Toulouse played across all tournaments.
- Benfica have not lost 27 of the last 28 home matches in the Europa League
- Benfica have scored in 27 of the last 28 home matches in the Europa League
- Benfica have not lost 16 of the last 18 matches
- Benfica have scored in the last 11 home matches in a row
- In 11 of the last 13 Benfica matches in the Europa League, the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 14 of the last 16 Toulouse away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Toulouse have conceded in the last 10 away matches in a row in the Europa League
- In 13 of the last 15 Toulouse matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Toulouse have conceded in 11 of the last 13 away matches
- In the last 3 away matches in a row Toulouse played in the Europa League, both teams scored
Players on top: Benfica vs Toulouse
Look no further than Arthur Cabral, when searching for a marksman currently in good shape. He has hit the target once in each of Benfica’s last four games. Thijs Dallinga is another player to keep an eye on, as he has scored in each of the last two matches that Toulouse played.
Popular betting markets: Benfica vs Toulouse
The Estadio da Luz has been a happy hunting ground for Benfica lately, claiming seven wins from 10 across all tournaments. They drew three and lost zero of these, while Toulouse won four of their most recent 10 games away. The latter drew two and lost four as well.
Both teams to score
Of the previous 10 outings, Toulouse scored the opening goal five times, whereas Benfica were first on target in five of their last 10 games.
Benfica managed to score at least once in their previous 14 games. The Eagles scored an average of 2.7 goals in the past ten matches at Estadio da Luz across the tournaments and over 2.5 goals came out eight times. Over 2.5 goals happened in six of the last ten games for Toulouse, who scored 1.4 times on average in these matches.
Betting tip: Benfica vs Toulouse
To sum up, the upcoming match between Benfica and Toulouse seems to be a good betting opportunity. Considering the above statements, we have come up with a betting prediction for this Europa League game.