Ace Football Team previews the Champions League round final match between Dynamo Kyiv and Benfica who meet up this coming Wednesday. The pre-match analysis includes the latest team stats, match history and the best betting tips.
Benfica are highly favored by the bookmakers to claim a win this coming Wednesday against Dynamo Kyiv for a first-leg playoff round qualifier in the Champions League.
Considering the current shape a home win at a neutral venue seem to be the obvious outcome. The way we look at it, both Dynamo Kyiv and Benfica will aim to do their best to prove to their fans that they are the better team on the pitch. We are bound to see an exciting game on Wednesday.
Current form and previous Champions League encounters between Dynamo Kyiv and Benfica
Dynamo Kyiv are riding high
Dynamo Kyiv needed extra time in both of their last qualifying ties to progress, but got the job done all the same. The Blue & White have won their last three Champions League matches, with two of them finishing 2-1 in their favor.
Benfica look untouchable
Benfica have found a rich vein of form in recent weeks, and aim to keep their winning streak going. The Eagles have won their last five competitive outings, scoring 14 goals, kept three clean sheets, and conceded just twice.
Fixture history: Dynamo Kyiv vs Benfica
The last time the pair played each other, Benfica came away as 2-0 winners in a Champions League match, back in December 2021. At the time of writing, the bookmakers are offering the following prices on this encounter: betting on Benfica will get you odds 1.70, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 59% chance of beating Dynamo Kyiv. You can get a price of 4.75, should you wish to add Dynamo Kyiv to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Betting stats and facts for Dynamo Kyiv and Benfica
Here are some interesting betting-relevant facts based on statistics from the last couple of matches that Dynamo Kyiv and Benfica played across all tournaments.
- Dynamo Kyiv have not won 5 of the last 6 home matches
- Dynamo Kyiv have conceded in 7 of the last 9 matches
- Dynamo Kyiv have not lost the last 3 home matches in a row
- Dynamo Kyiv have not lost 4 of the last 5 matches
- Dynamo Kyiv have won 3 of the last 4 matches
- Benfica have scored in 31 of the last 33 matches
- Benfica have scored in the last 14 away matches in a row
- Benfica have won the last 9 matches in a row
- Benfica have not lost 14 of the last 15 matches
- Benfica have not lost 12 of the last 13 away matches
- In the last 4 Dynamo Kyiv matches versus Benfica the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In the last 4 Dynamo Kyiv matches versus Benfica the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Dynamo Kyiv have not won the last 4 matches versus Benfica in a row
- Dynamo Kyiv have not scored in the last 4 matches in a row versus Benfica
- Dynamo Kyiv have lost 3 of the last 4 matches versus Benfica
Players to watch in Dynamo Kyiv vs Benfica
It is difficult to look past Alexander Karavaev, when on the search for a marksman. He seems to be on a strong run as he hit the target two times in his last 6 games for Dynamo Kyiv. Goncalo Ramos has managed to score four times in the last half dozen matches for Benfica. It is probably safe to say that they will both be looking to add to their total here once again.
Best betting tips: Dynamo Kyiv vs Benfica
To summarise, the upcoming match between Dynamo Kyiv and Benfica appears to be a good chance to place some bets. Therefore, we have come up with the recommended betting suggestion for this game. However, we also present some lower and higher-risk alternatives.