The Ivorian star is out of action after being diagnosed with testicular cancer.
Sebastian Haller has provided a positive update on his tumour treatment.
The 28-year-old replaced Erling Haaland in Borussia Dortmund’s squad after the Norwegian moved to Manchester City.
However, a cancer diagnosis interrupted Haller’s start at Signal Iduna Park, forcing Dortmund to add a new striker to their squad.
The Black and Yellows went on to sign Anthony Modeste, who has struggled to find his best form so far. However, Haller says he will be back in ‘a few months’ to make his second Bundesliga debut.
“I walk every day and check my body,” Haller told ESPN. “I haven’t lost that much after two weeks.
“I’m even at the same level as a few months ago. That’s a good sign and I hope it stays that way. I feel very well.”
He added: “The important thing is that I don’t lose too much muscle mass. I have to stay fit, and a month before I return on the field I will do some work with the ball again. Now the most important thing is that my body feels good.
“My first goal is to be back on the field, to play for [Dortmund] and score my first goal. That will be a beautiful and emotional moment.”
Following a narrow win over Hertha Berlin last week, Dortmund are preparing to meet Hoffenheim on Friday.