Ace Football previews the Premier League round 17 match between Crystal Palace and Fulham and offers team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
With Crystal Palace currently in mid-table, they have a chance to gain some ground on Fulham, when going head-to-head in the Premier League on Monday. Following some poor performances in this Premier League campaign recently, Crystal Palace desperately need points in this Boxing Day derby in London to get back on track.
Position in the Premier League standings: Crystal Palace vs Fulham
The current Premier League table shows these two sides on the same number of points so far this season. As such, both have an opportunity to gain some ground on their upcoming opponent in this round 17 clash. There is every reason to keep a close watch on Crystal Palace clashing with Fulham over three points on Monday.
Current form and fixture history of Crystal Palace vs Fulham
Crystal Palace continue to look blunt
Crystal Palace will enter the match hoping to see the back of some rather disappointing results in recent matches. The Eagles claimed four points to their account in the last three matches, where they won 1-2 against West Ham, followed by a 0-0 draw with Newcastle. Their latest game against Nottingham Forest resulted in a 1-0 defeat.
Fulham look poor on the road
Results have been dismal for Fulham in recent weeks and they will be bordering on desperation for a quick turnaround. The Cottagers got away with only one point from their previous three games, and they claimed it in a 0-0 draw with Everton. Then Manchester City proved too strong in a 2-1 defeat, just like Manchester United who won 1-2.
Latest games between Crystal Palace and Fulham
Having ruminated in a lower division for a while Fulham will face off against Crystal Palace for the first time in 2 seasons. The last match between these two clubs ended in a 0-0 draw at Selhurst Park on February 2021. The draw extended Crystal Palace’s unbeaten run in this fixture to five games (W3 D2) in the Premier League.
Highlights from the last match between Crystal Palace and Fulham:
Crystal Palace vs Fulham Stats
Here are some facts that could come in handy when placing bets on the upcoming game between Crystal Palace and Fulham. The facts are based on stats from the recent games that the teams played out across all tournaments.
- Crystal Palace have not lost 19 of the last 21 home matches
- In 11 of the last 12 Crystal Palace matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Crystal Palace have scored in 13 of the last 15 home matches
- In the last 6 Crystal Palace home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Crystal Palace have conceded in 11 of the last 13 home matches
- In 11 of the last 12 Fulham matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 10 of the last 12 matches Fulham played, both teams scored
- In the last 6 away matches in a row Fulham played, both teams scored
- In the last 6 Fulham away matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Fulham have scored in 11 of the last 12 matches
- Crystal Palace have not lost the last 5 matches versus Fulham in a row
- In the last 4 Crystal Palace matches versus Fulham the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Crystal Palace have scored in 7 of the last 8 matches versus Fulham
- Crystal Palace have won 3 of the last 4 matches versus Fulham while scoring less than 2.5 goals
- Crystal Palace have won 3 of the last 4 matches versus Fulham while scoring more than 1.5 goals
Wilfried Zaha has been the most prolific scorer for the home team recently. Surely, Crystal Palace will be relying on him to once again shine in their upcoming match. Meanwhile, Fulham will be looking to Aleksandar Mitrovic in the hope that he will add more goals to his current total of 3 goals in his last 6 games.
Best tips for the match: Crystal Palace vs Fulham
To sum up, the upcoming match between Crystal Palace and Fulham seems to be a good betting opportunity. Considering the above statements, we have come up with the main prediction for this game but also some alternative ones.