Ace Football Team previews the Premier League round 1 match between Crystal Palace and Arsenal who meet up this coming Friday. The pre-match analysis includes the latest team stats, match history and the best betting tips.
Arsenal will visit Selhurst Park on Friday for a Premier League fixture with home side Crystal Palace.
A top-half finish is the dream for Crystal Palace, but neutral spectators have them down for a season at the lower end of the league table. While a title race is perhaps too optimistic a long throw, a podium finish does not look beyond Arsenal, should they catch some strong early momentum.
The way we look at it, both Crystal Palace and Arsenal will aim to do their best to prove to their fans that they are the better team on the pitch. We are bound to see an exciting game on Friday.
Position in the Premier League standings: Crystal Palace vs Arsenal
Since it is the first round of the Premier League, both teams are yet to grab their first points this season. Will Crystal Palace take advantage of their home ground and get all 3 points from this game? The visitor team Arsenal might as well do their best to start recording points right in their first game of the season. One way or the other, it will be interesting to watch these two sides fight for their first points in this campaign.
Latest form and fixture history of Crystal Palace against Arsenal
Eagles ended last season in a slump
Results ended on a sour note for Crystal Palace in the final weeks of the previous Premier League season. An encounter with Aston Villa brought a 1-1 draw, which was followed by a 3-2 defeat at the hands of Everton. Their most recent game had them back on the winning trail, as they beat Manchester United by 1-0.
Gunners look to start the season in style
Arsenal go into the new season hoping to start it in a better way than they ended the previous one. They collected just one win from their last three matches of 2021/22, as Tottenham won by 3-0. Newcastle were too strong as well, winning 2-0, before Mikel Arteta’s side won 5-1 against Everton.
Latest encounters between Crystal Palace and Arsenal
The last time the two teams faced off against each other, Crystal Palace came away as 3-0 winners. It was a match played at Selhurst Park back in April 2022 in the Premier League. This time round, betting on Arsenal will get you odds 1.80, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 56% chance of beating Crystal Palace. You can get a price of 4.50, should you wish to add the Eagles to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Highlights from the last game between Crystal Palace and Arsenal:
Crystal Palace vs Arsenal Stats
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Crystal Palace and Arsenal. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- Crystal Palace have not lost the last 13 home matches in a row
- In the last 5 home matches in a row Crystal Palace played, both teams scored
- Crystal Palace have scored in 13 of the last 14 matches
- In 7 of the last 9 matches Crystal Palace played, both teams scored
- Crystal Palace have scored in 11 of the last 13 home matches
- Arsenal have won 10 of the last 12 matches
- Arsenal have not lost 10 of the last 12 matches
- Arsenal have scored in 10 of the last 12 matches
- Arsenal have conceded in 8 of the last 9 away matches
- Arsenal have won the last 3 away matches in a row
- In 8 of the last 10 matches Crystal Palace versus Arsenal played, both teams scored
- In 9 of the last 11 Crystal Palace matches versus Arsenal the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 7 of the last 8 Crystal Palace home matches versus Arsenal the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Crystal Palace have scored in 14 of the last 16 matches versus Arsenal
- In 6 of the last 8 home matches Crystal Palace versus Arsenal played, both teams scored
Wilfried Zaha has been hitting the target on a regular basis in recent matches. Crystal Palace will no doubt look to him for more goals in their next match against Arsenal. The visitors are surely hoping Edward Nketiah adds another to his current total.
Match predictions: Crystal Palace vs Arsenal
In conclusion, we present betting tips for this Premier League match, which are based on the above statements. Besides the main prediction for this game, we have also come up with some lower and higher-risk alternatives.