The Portuguese star has made the FIFPRO Team of the Year every season since 2007, along with Lionel Messi.
Cristiano Ronaldo has joined a 26-player shortlist for the 2022 FIFA’s FIFPRO Men’s Team of the Year.
The 38-year-old is one of seven forwards on the list alongside former Real Madrid teammate Karim Benzema, Manchester City striker Erling Haaland, Barcelona frontman Robert Lewandowski and PSG trio Kylian Mbappe, Lionel Messi, and Neymar.
Ronaldo and Messi have the most appearances in the FIFPRO World 11, with 15 each. They have made the final cut every year since 2007.
The FIFA FIFPRO Men’s World 11 squad is the only global award voted exclusively by footballers based on performances between August 8, 2021, and December 18, 2022.
FIFA will unveil the 2022 FIFA FIFPRO World 11 on February 27 at The Best FIFA Football Awards in Paris.
2022 FIFA FIFPRO Men’s World 11 Shortlist
- Alisson Becker (Liverpool – Brazil)
- Thibaut Courtois (Real Madrid – Belgium)
- Emiliano Martinez (Aston Villa – Argentina)
- Joao Cancelo (Manchester City/Bayern Munich – Portugal)
- Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich – Canada)
- Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool – Netherlands)
- Josko Gvardiol (RB Leipzig – Croatia)
- Achraf Hakimi (PSG – Morocco)
- Theo Hernandez (AC Milan – France)
- Antonio Rudiger (Chelsea/Real Madrid – Germany)
- Thiago Silva (Chelsea – Brazil)
- Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund – England)
- Casemiro (Real Madrid/Manchester United – Brazil)
- Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City – Belgium)
- Enzo Fernandez (River Plate/Benfica/Chelsea – Argentina)
- Gavi (FC Barcelona – Spain)
- Luka Modric (Real Madrid – Croatia)
- Pedri (FC Barcelona – Spain)
- Federico Valverde (Real Madrid – Uruguay)
- Karim Benzema (Real Madrid – France)
- Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund/Man City – Norway)
- Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich/FC Barcelona – Poland)
- Kylian Mbappe (PSG – France)
- Lionel Messi (PSG – Argentina)
- Neymar Jr (PSG – Brazil)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United/Al Nassr – Portugal)