Ace Football previews the Premier League match between Chelsea and Brighton and offers betting tips, odds, line-ups, and team news.
Third-place is the prize up for grabs as Chelsea welcome Brighton & Hove Albion to Stamford Bridge for a Premier League match on Tuesday.
21 points and 11 places lie between the two clubs ahead of their latest meeting. Chelsea are obviously ahead in fifth and only a single point outside the top-four, while Brighton have a six-point cushion from the relegation zone.
Despite their league position, the Seagulls can cause problems in London. They’ve proved it time and time again, but Chelsea have been solid under a new manager and can bag another win in this one.
Chelsea Form & Stats
Hakim Ziyech scored the decisive goal on Saturday to send Chelsea into the FA Cup final. It was enough to bag a 1-0 win over Manchester City in a semi-final clash and came only four days after sealing a last-four spot in the Champions League.
The next 25 days, however, will be crucial. Thomas Tuchel’s side are scheduled to play eight games in this period, including back-to-back fixtures with Real Madrid and a trip to top-four rivals West Ham.
For now, though, the focus lies on Brighton, a team Chelsea have fared well against at Stamford Bridge in the past. And given their sound form under Tuchel so far, the Blues will be confident of another home victory.
Key Team Stats
- Won 7 of their last 15 home league games (D5 L3).
- Won by 2 or more goals in their last 4 home games against Brighton in all competitions.
- Kept 14 clean sheets in 19 games under Thomas Tuchel in all competitions.
- Never fallen behind in any of their 7 league games against Brighton.
- Christian Pulisic has scored 3 goals in his last 2 league games.
- Kai Havertz both scored and assisted a goal in the last league game against Crystal Palace, which ended in a 4-1 win.
Brighton Form & Stats
A 0-0 draw with Everton last time out moved Brighton closer to safety. A win would’ve been possible, though, had the Seagulls been more clinical up front. They showed clear attacking intent with 23 shots, but could only get three of them on target with an xG of 1.16.
But while things in the attack need improvement, defense is another story. Seven of Brighton’s 10 clean sheets in the Premier League have come since the turn of the year alone. It’s also worth pointing out they’ve settled for 16 goalless draws since winning promotion in 2017.
Graham Potter’s side, meanwhile, perform better on the road than at home. 19 of their 33 points, in fact, have come in their 15 away league games (W5 D4 L6). They also impressed in their last trip at Manchester United, despite losing 2-1 in the end.
Key Team Stats
- Lost 3 of their last 4 away league games (W1).
- Failed to score in each of their last 6 away games against Chelsea in all competitions (L6).
- Failed to score in 2 of their last 4 away games in all competitions.
- 7 of their 10 clean sheets in the league have come in 2021.
- 16 goalless draws since winning promotion in 2017.
- Goalkeeper Robert Sanchez has kept a clean sheet in 40% of his 20 games in the Premier League.
Out: Mateo Kovacic.
Doubts: Thiago Silva, Andreas Christensen.
Out: Solly March, Tariq Lamptey, Percy Tau.
Doubts: Florin Andone.
(Note: The image will change to the official XI once they’re both announced)
Top Scorers in Premier League
Below are some head-to-head stats on each team’s recent form in the Premier League.