Ace Football previews the Champions League round of 16 match between RB Leipzig and Real Madrid and offers team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
Real Madrid travel to RB Leipzig on Tuesday to go toe-to-toe at the Red Bull Arena in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 encounter.
Team form: RB Leipzig vs Real Madrid
RB Leipzig Form
RB Leipzig collected four points from their previous three matches, as they were defeated 5-2 against VfB Stuttgart. They retaliated in a 2-0 win against Union Berlin, before drawing 2-2 with Augsburg. In their last six Champions League home matches, RB Leipzig won four times. They’ve drawn once and lost once, scoring 13 and conceding nine goals.
Real Madrid Form
In their last three matches, Real Madrid beat Getafe 0-2, drew 1-1 with Atletico Madrid, and beat Girona by 4-0. In their last six Champions League away matches, Real Madrid claimed a full handful of five wins. They’ve drawn none but instead lost once, scoring 15 whilst conceding 11 times.
Betting facts for RB Leipzig and Real Madrid
Here are some stats and facts that might be useful for betting on the upcoming match between RB Leipzig and Real Madrid. The facts are based on the data from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all competitions.
- In the last 10 home matches in a row RB Leipzig played in the Champions League, both teams scored
- RB Leipzig have conceded in the last 13 home matches in a row in the Champions League
- In 10 of the last 12 matches RB Leipzig played, both teams scored
- In 11 of the last 13 RB Leipzig home matches in the Champions League, the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In the last 6 matches in a row RB Leipzig played in the Champions League, both teams scored
- Real Madrid have not lost 28 of the last 30 matches
- Real Madrid have scored in 35 of the last 37 matches
- Real Madrid have scored in 29 of the last 31 matches in the Champions League
- Real Madrid have scored in the last 16 away matches in a row
- Real Madrid have won 13 of the last 15 matches
Players under the radar: RB Leipzig vs Real Madrid
Ikoma Lois Openda has four strikes in six Champions League matches for RB Leipzig, who will be relying on his services when clashing with Real Madrid. The visitors are looking to Joselu, who has provided his team with three Champions League goals.
Betting markets: RB Leipzig vs Real Madrid
The Red Bull Arena saw eight wins for RB Leipzig in their last 10 home matches across all tournaments. They also drew zero and lost two, while Real Madrid won eight of their 10 most recent outings on their travels, whilst drawing one and losing one. The Whites didn’t lose any of their previous five outings.
Both teams to score
RB Leipzig scored the first goal of the match an impressive nine times in the last ten home games. Real Madrid scored the opening goal in seven of the last ten away from home. Real Madrid should feel cheery over the chances of getting at least one goal in this coming Tuesday, as RB Leipzig only managed two clean sheets in the previous 10 matches. In contrast, Real Madrid claimed three clean sheets in their last 10 games.
In the last ten matches for RB Leipzig in all competitions, there were over 2.5 goals in six of them, and they scored an average of 1.8 goals. For Real Madrid’s last ten games, seven of them had more than 2.5 goals, and they scored an average of 2.7 goals per game. The Whites have also scored at least once in their previous 19 matches.
Suggested bet: RB Leipzig vs Real Madrid
The match between RB Leipzig and Real Madrid should be an interesting one to watch and play some bets on, too. Therefore, we have come up with a free betting tip for this Champions League game.