Our betting analysts at Ace Football preview the Champions League round of 16 game between Lazio and Bayern Munich and offer team news, stats, facts and the best betting suggestions for the match.
Bayern Munich go up against Lazio this coming Wednesday for an exciting Champions League round of 16 meeting at Stadio Olimpico, Rome. This will be the first of a two-legged tie between these teams.
Team form: Lazio vs Bayern Munich
Their last three matches saw Lazio drawing 0-0 with SSC Napoli, losing 3-1 against Atalanta before beating Cagliari by 1-3. The Eagles claimed a middle-of-the-road three wins in their previous six matches on home soil in the Champions League. They also drew two and lost one, as they scored ten and conceded eight goals.
Bayern Munich Form
In the last three matches, Bayern Munich beat Augsburg 2-3, won 3-1 against Borussia Moenchengladbach, and lost 3-0 against Bayer Leverkusen. In their last six Champions League away matches, the Bavarians claimed a full handful of five wins. They’ve drawn none but instead lost once, scoring ten whilst conceding five times.
Betting stats and facts for Lazio and Bayern Munich
Here are some interesting betting-relevant stats and facts. They take into account matches that Lazio and Bayern Munich played across all tournaments.
- Lazio have scored in 27 of the last 29 home matches in the Champions League
- Lazio have not lost 20 of the last 22 home matches
- In 14 of the last 16 Lazio home matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In 16 of the last 17 Lazio matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Lazio have scored in 22 of the last 24 matches in the Champions League
- Bayern Munich have scored in 43 of the last 45 away matches
- Bayern Munich have not lost 32 of the last 34 away matches in the Champions League
- Bayern Munich have not lost 25 of the last 27 matches in the Champions League
- Bayern Munich have scored in 25 of the last 27 matches
- Bayern Munich have scored in 23 of the last 25 away matches in the Champions League
Interesting players: Lazio vs Bayern Munich
Ciro Immobile looks like value in the goal-scoring market with three strikes to his name in three Champions League matches. The visitors are crossing their fingers Harry Kane adds to his four Champions League goals on Wednesday.
Popular betting markets: Lazio vs Bayern Munich
Lazio claimed seven wins in the previous 10 matches at home across all tournaments, as well as drawing two and losing one. Bayern Munich won six of their last 10 away games, as they also drew one and lost three of these matches.
Both teams to score
Lazio scored the first goal of the match in five of their previous ten games. Bayern Munich scored the opening goal in six of the last ten games. The Bavarians also managed four wins without conceding a goal in their previous 10 matches.
In their last ten matches, Lazio had five games with more than 2.5 goals, scoring an average of 1.3 goals in those matches. Bayern Munich had over 2.5 goals in six of their last ten games, with an average of 1.7 goals scored in those matches.
Betting tip: Lazio vs Bayern Munich
To summarize, the upcoming Champions League clash seems to be a good opportunity to place some bets. Taking into account the stats and facts for Lazio vs Bayern Munich mentioned in this article, we are offering a free betting tip below.