Ace Football Team previews the Champions League round 5 match between Celtic and Shakhtar Donetsk who meet up on Tuesday. The pre-match analysis includes the latest team stats, match history and the best betting tips.
Celtic will be taking on visiting team Shakhtar Donetsk at Celtic Park in a Champions League tie this coming Tuesday. Shakhtar Donetsk could be facing Celtic at the wrong time, since the latter go into their next assignment at Celtic Park with three wins in a row.
Position in the Champions League standings: Celtic vs Shakhtar Donetsk
The current standings in Group F show us how Celtic and Shakhtar Donetsk have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 5 clash on Tuesday.
Celtic vs Shakhtar Donetsk – Fixture History
Celtic in a nice flow
Celtic look to build on their current momentum with another positive result. Celtic took six points from their last three matches, but started off by losing 0-2 against RB Leipzig. They responded by beating Hibernian 6-1, and followed that up by winning 3-4 against Hearts.
Shakhtar Donetsk hope to boost points tally
Shakhtar Donetsk have been a tad mediocre in their last three matches where a win has failed to come their way. Against Celtic, they gained a point in a 1-1 draw, before coming up short against Real Madrid, who ran out 2-1 winners. Lately, they managed to steal a point in a 1-1 with Real Madrid.
Latest encounters between Celtic and Shakhtar Donetsk
The last Champions League match between Celtic and Shakhtar Donetsk ended in a 1-1 in September.
Highlights from the last match between Celtic and Shakhtar Donetsk:
Betting stats and facts for Celtic and Shakhtar Donetsk
Here are some interesting betting-relevant facts based on statistics from the last couple of matches that Celtic and Shakhtar Donetsk played across all tournaments.
- Celtic have scored in 24 of the last 26 home matches
- Celtic have not lost 9 of the last 11 home matches
- Celtic have conceded in the last 7 matches in a row
- Celtic have won 5 of the last 7 home matches
- In 3 of the last 4 matches Celtic played, both teams scored
- In the last 6 matches in a row Shakhtar Donetsk played, both teams scored
- Shakhtar Donetsk have conceded in 13 of the last 15 away matches
- Shakhtar Donetsk have scored in 12 of the last 14 matches
- In 6 of the last 8 away matches Shakhtar Donetsk played, both teams scored
- Shakhtar Donetsk have not lost 8 of the last 9 matches
- In the last 5 Celtic matches versus Shakhtar Donetsk the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 3 of the last 4 Celtic matches versus Shakhtar Donetsk the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Celtic have conceded in the last 3 matches in a row versus Shakhtar Donetsk
- Celtic have not lost 3 of the last 4 matches versus Shakhtar Donetsk
In spite of scoring only one goal recently, Callum McGregor is one of the players from the Celtic that is expected to hit the net again quite soon. Similarly, Shakhtar Donetsk have Maryan Shved on top of the list with two goals to his account at this point, but equally more goals are expected from him.
Best betting tips: Celtic vs Shakhtar Donetsk
To sum up, the upcoming match between Celtic and Shakhtar Donetsk seems to be a good betting opportunity. Considering the above statements, we have come up with the main prediction for this game but also some alternative ones.