Our betting experts preview the La Liga match between Celta Vigo and Real Madrid and offers team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
Struggling Celta Vigo are most likely in for a tough assignment when going up against Real Madrid this coming Saturday at Abanca Balaidos. With a string of mediocre performances, at best, it would be astounding to see the former take any point here.
Celta Vigo go into the season with the clear aim of a top-half finish, perhaps even contesting for a place in a European competition. Anything lower than at least a second-place finish would probably be considered a disappointment for Real Madrid, as they look to build a title challenge.
The match this coming Saturday has all the makings of a tight battle as Celta Vigo and Real Madrid look to bag a crucial three points in the process.
Current table in the La Liga
According to the La Liga table, the difference between the two teams is currently two points and three spots. This round 2 match will certainly influence both teams for the rest of the campaign. Hence, we can not wait to see Celta Vigo and Real Madrid fight for the points in their upcoming clash on Saturday.
Current form and fixture history of Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid
Celta Vigo opened with a point
It has been a bit of everything for Celta Vigo in their previous three matches, where they first beat Elche by 1-0. This was followed by a disappointing 2-0 defeat against Valencia, before an encounter with Espanyol produced a 2-2 draw.
Real Madrid happy with premiere
Real Madrid have found a rich vein of form in recent weeks, and aim to keep their winning streak going. In their last three matches, Los Blancos first beat Liverpool 0-1, then Eintracht by 2-0 and finally Almeria by 1-2.
Latest games between Celta Vigo and Real Madrid
The last time the pair played each other, Real Madrid came away as 2-1 winners in a La Liga, back in April 2022. At the time of writing, the bookmakers are offering the following prices on this encounter: betting on Los Blancos will get you odds 1.66, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 60% chance of beating Celta Vigo. You can get a price of 4.50, should you wish to add the home team to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid Stats
Let’s have a look at some of the most interesting betting-relevant facts based on stats from the last couple of games that Celta Vigo and Real Madrid played across all tournaments.
- In the last 4 matches in a row Celta Vigo played, both teams scored
- Celta Vigo have scored in 12 of the last 14 home matches
- Celta Vigo have not lost 9 of the last 11 home matches
- Celta Vigo have not won 8 of the last 10 matches
- Celta Vigo have scored in 8 of the last 9 matches
- In 7 of the last 9 away matches Real Madrid played, both teams scored
- Real Madrid have not lost 10 of the last 12 matches
- Real Madrid have scored in 10 of the last 11 away matches
- Real Madrid have not lost 9 of the last 11 away matches
- Real Madrid have conceded in 8 of the last 9 away matches
- Celta Vigo have not won the last 16 matches versus Real Madrid in a row
- Celta Vigo have conceded in 31 of the last 33 matches versus Real Madrid
- In 11 of the last 12 home matches Celta Vigo versus Real Madrid played, both teams scored
- Celta Vigo have lost 14 of the last 16 matches versus Real Madrid
- In 14 of the last 16 Celta Vigo matches versus Real Madrid the sum of goals was over 2.5
The standings of the top-scoring players in the last 6 matches in La Liga show that Celta Vigo might be relying on in-form Iago Aspas when it comes to scoring in the upcoming match. On the other side, Karim Benzema has been one of the decisive players from Real Madrid recently. Both players are expected to be dangerous and difficult to stop this coming Saturday.
Match predictions: Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid
To summarise, the upcoming match between Celta Vigo and Real Madrid appears to be a good chance to place some bets. Therefore, we have come up with the recommended betting suggestion for this game. However, we also present some lower and higher-risk alternatives.