Our betting experts preview the La Liga match between Celta Vigo and Getafe and offer team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
Celta Vigo welcome Getafe for a clash in La Liga at Abanca Balaidos on Monday. Going into their upcoming encounter in Spain, Getafe are looking to finish the day ahead of Celta Vigo in the Spanish league standings.
Position in the La Liga standings: Celta Vigo vs Getafe
The current standings in La Liga show us how Celta Vigo and Getafe have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 11 clash on Monday.
Latest form and previous La Liga encounter between Celta Vigo and Getafe
Celta Vigo desperate for points
Celta Vigo have had to endure a tough spell in their last three matches, from which they have nothing to show. They were beaten 1-0 by Barcelona, before Real Sociedad ran out 1-2 winners. A third defeat on the trot followed against Real Valladolid, who came out 4-1 winners.
Getafe struggling for that big break
Results have been pretty much up to scratch in recent matches for Getafe, who have performed more or less according to expectations. In the last three games, Getafe were defeated 0-1 against Real Madrid, before drawing 0-0 with Rayo Vallecano and 2-2 with Athletic Bilbao.
Latest encounters between Celta Vigo and Getafe
The last time the two teams faced off against each other, Getafe came away as 0-2 winners. It was a match played at Abanca Balaidos back in April 2022 in La Liga. This time round, betting on Getafe will get you odds 5.25, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 19% chance of beating Celta Vigo. You can get a price of 1.72, should you wish to add Celta Vigo to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Betting stats and facts for Celta Vigo and Getafe
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Celta Vigo and Getafe. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- Celta Vigo have scored in 16 of the last 18 home matches
- Celta Vigo have scored in 11 of the last 13 matches
- Celta Vigo have lost 5 of the last 6 matches
- Celta Vigo have not won 5 of the last 6 matches
- Celta Vigo have conceded in 5 of the last 6 matches
- Getafe have not won 15 of the last 17 away matches
- Getafe have not won 13 of the last 15 matches
- Getafe have scored in 6 of the last 8 away matches
- Getafe have scored in 5 of the last 7 matches
- Getafe have conceded in 5 of the last 7 matches
- In 14 of the last 16 Celta Vigo matches versus Getafe the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 10 of the last 11 Celta Vigo home matches versus Getafe the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In the last 6 Celta Vigo home matches versus Getafe the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Celta Vigo have not lost 9 of the last 11 home matches versus Getafe
- In 5 of the last 6 Celta Vigo matches versus Getafe the sum of goals was under 2.5
Gabriel Veiga has been the most prolific scorer for the home team recently. Surely, Celta Vigo will be relying on him to once again shine in their upcoming match. Meanwhile, Getafe will be looking to Carles Alena in the hope that he will add more goals to his current total of two goals in his last 6 games.
Best betting tips: Celta Vigo vs Getafe
To sum up, the upcoming match between Celta Vigo and Getafe seems to be a good betting opportunity. Considering the above statements, we have come up with the main prediction for this game but also some alternative ones.