Our betting experts preview the EFL Cup match between Port Vale and Sutton United and offer team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
When Sutton United arrive at Vale Park this coming Tuesday to face Port Vale in the EFL Cup, the latter will be hoping to use their home turf to their advantage in this third-round contest.
Port Vale vs Sutton United Preview
Port Vale Form
Port Vale’s recent three matches yielded four points. They started with a 1-0 victory over Northampton but suffered a 2-3 defeat to Burton, followed by a 1-1 draw against Cambridge United. Their home form in the EFL Cup has been modest, with two wins, zero draws, and four losses in the last six matches, scoring eight goals while conceding 12.
Sutton United Form
Sutton United’s last three games saw them lose 5-3 and 4-1 to Swindon and Accrington, followed by a 1-1 draw with Milton Keynes Dons. Their recent EFL Cup away form has been modest, with just one win, zero draws, and two losses in the last three matches, during which they scored four goals and conceded three.
Port Vale vs Sutton United Stats
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Port Vale and Sutton United. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- Port Vale have won the last 4 home matches in a row without conceding a goal
- Port Vale have won the last 4 home matches in a row and the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Port Vale have won the last 4 matches in a row while scoring less than 2.5 goals
- Port Vale have won the last 4 home matches in a row while scoring less than 2.5 goals
- Port Vale have won 7 of the last 8 matches
- Sutton United have conceded in 16 of the last 17 matches
- Sutton United have lost 5 of the last 6 away matches and both teams scored at the same time
- In 6 of the last 7 away matches Sutton United played, both teams scored
- Sutton United have lost 5 of the last 6 matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- Sutton United have lost 5 of the last 6 away matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
Port Vale vs Sutton United – Players in Form
Curious to find out who’s been lighting up the pitch in the recent clash between Port Vale and Sutton United? Explore the list of top scorers from their recent matches and discover the players who have been sparking excitement with their goal-scoring prowess!
Port Vale vs Sutton United Betting Tips
Port Vale claimed six wins in their previous 10 home games, drawing two of the games. They suffered defeat in two of these outings. Sutton United won one of their last 10 games away, drew two and lost seven.
Both teams to score
Port Vale scored the first goal in six out of their last ten games. Sutton United scored the opening goal in four of a possible ten games. Both teams have scored in the last four Sutton United games. The visitors managed only one clean sheet in the previous 10 matches. In contrast, Port Vale claimed six clean sheets in their last 10 matches.
In three out of Port Vale’s last ten games, there have been over 2.5 goals, and they have averaged 1.2 goals per match. For Sutton United’s previous ten matches, betting on over 2.5 goals resulted in a win in six of them, with Sutton United scoring an average of one goal per game.
Match predictions: Port Vale vs Sutton United
To sum up, the upcoming match between Port Vale and Sutton United seems to be a good betting opportunity.