Our betting experts preview the EFL Cup match between Ipswich and Wolves and offer team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
Wolves travel to Ipswich this coming Tuesday when the pair of them go toe-to-toe at Portman Road in an exciting third-round EFL Cup encounter.
Ipswich vs Wolves Preview
Ipswich swept all aside in their last three matches and started off by winning 0-1 against Sheffield Wednesday. They went on to defeat Southampton 0-1 and made it three on the spin against Blackburn in a 4-3 victory. Ipswich managed to win two of their past six home matches in the EFL Cup. In the remaining four, they drew zero and lost four, as they scored five and conceded four goals.
In their previous three games, Wolves lost 3-2 and 1-3 against Crystal Palace and Liverpool, respectively, before drawing 1-1 with Luton. Wolves managed a decent return of three wins in their last six EFL Cup away matches, in which they scored 14 while also conceding 11 times. They also experienced zero draws and three defeats.
Ipswich vs Wolves Stats
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Ipswich and Wolves. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- Ipswich have scored in the last 31 matches in a row
- Ipswich have not lost 26 of the last 28 home matches
- Ipswich have scored in the last 17 home matches in a row
- Ipswich have won 14 of the last 16 home matches
- In the last 3 Ipswich matches the sum of goals was over 4.5
- Wolverhampton have conceded in 24 of the last 26 away matches
- In 3 of the last 4 Wolverhampton matches the sum of goals was over 4.5
- In 5 of the last 6 Wolverhampton away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Wolverhampton have scored in 8 of the last 10 matches
- In 4 of the last 5 Wolverhampton away matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
Ipswich vs Wolves – In-form players
Explore the list of top scorers from recent matches between Ipswich Town and Wolves to find out who has been performing exceptionally well and making a significant impact on the field.
Ipswich vs Wolves Betting Tips
Portman Road saw Ipswich claiming eight wins out of a possible 10. They drew one and lost one. Visitors Wolves won three of their 10 latest away games, drew two and lost five as well.
Both teams to score
Of the previous 10 outings, Wolves scored the opening goal five times, whereas Ipswich were first on target in eight of their last 10 games.
In their last ten matches, Ipswich saw five of them finish with more than 2.5 goals, with themselves scoring an average of 2.1 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals appeared in five of the last ten matches that Wolves played. They scored 1.5 times on average in the process.
Match predictions: Ipswich vs Wolves
To sum up, the upcoming match between Ipswich and Wolves seems to be a good betting opportunity.