Our betting experts preview the EFL Cup match between Exeter and Luton and offer team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
Exeter welcome Luton for a third-round clash in the EFL Cup at St. James Park this coming Tuesday.
Exeter vs Luton Preview
Exeter lost two of their last three matches, as they went down 2-1 in a meeting with Leyton Orient. They replied by beating Cheltenham 1-0, before losing again, this time 3-0 against Oxford. Exeter won three of their previous six matches at St. James Park in the EFL Cup. They drew zero and suffered three defeats, scoring 18 goals to 17 against.
Luton fell just short in their previous three games, losing 1-2 and 1-0 to West Ham and Fulham, respectively. However, they managed to salvage a 1-1 draw in their most recent match against Wolverhampton. In the EFL Cup, Luton won three out of their six away matches, with no draws and three defeats. They have scored nine goals while conceding 12.
Exeter vs Luton Stats
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Exeter and Luton. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- In 6 of the last 7 home matches Exeter played, both teams scored
- In 8 of the last 9 Exeter matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 6 of the last 7 Exeter home matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Exeter have won the last 4 matches in a row
- Exeter have conceded in 9 of the last 10 home matches
- In 9 of the last 11 away matches Luton played, both teams scored
- In 8 of the last 10 matches Luton played, both teams scored
- In the last 6 Luton matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 7 of the last 9 Luton away matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Luton have conceded in 10 of the last 11 away matches
Exeter vs Luton – In-form players
Who’s been lighting up the scoreboard in the latest showdown between Exeter and Luton? Check out the list of top scorers from their recent matches, and discover who’s been sizzling on the pitch!
Exeter vs Luton Betting Tips
In their last 10 matches at St. James Park, Exeter won four times, drew twice, and lost on four occassions. Luton claimed two wins, three draws, and five defeats in their last 10 away games.
Both teams to score
Exeter scored the first goal of the match in five games from a possible ten. Curiously, Luton only scored the opening goal of the match in three of the last ten away games.
Over 2.5 goals were successful bets in four out of Exeter’s last ten matches, where they scored an average of 0.8 goals. In seven of Luton’s previous ten outings, betting on over 2.5 goals was a winning option, with an average of 1.2 goals per game.
Match predictions: Exeter vs Luton
To sum up, the upcoming match between Exeter and Luton seems to be a good betting opportunity.