Our betting experts preview the EFL Cup match between Aston Villa and Everton and offer team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
The third-round EFL Cup clash at Villa Park this coming Wednesday sees Aston Villa hosting opponents Everton.
Aston Villa vs Everton Preview
Aston Villa Form
Aston Villa recently secured a 3-1 victory over Crystal Palace, followed by a 3-2 loss to Legia Warszawa, and a 0-1 win against Chelsea. In their last six EFL Cup home matches, Aston Villa clinched victory in half of them, with no draws but three defeats. During this period, they scored ten goals and conceded seven.
In their recent three matches, Everton drew 2-2 against Sheffield United, suffered a 0-1 loss to Arsenal, and secured a 1-3 victory over Brentford. Everton’s EFL Cup away record is quite impressive, with four wins in six matches, no draws but two losses. They netted 20 goals while conceding 18 during these outings.
Aston Villa vs Everton Stats
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Aston Villa and Everton. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- Aston Villa have scored in the last 17 home matches in a row
- Aston Villa have not lost the last 11 home matches in a row
- Aston Villa have won the last 3 home matches in a row without conceding a goal
- In the last 9 Aston Villa matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Aston Villa have won 10 of the last 11 home matches
- In 11 of the last 13 Everton matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Everton have not lost 12 of the last 14 away matches
- In the last 3 Everton away matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Everton have scored in 8 of the last 10 away matches
- In 6 of the last 8 Everton away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
Aston Villa vs Everton – In-form players
Discover the goal-scoring heroes in the thrilling showdown between Aston Villa and Everton. Explore the list of top scorers from their recent matches and find out which players have been lighting up the pitch with their electrifying goal-scoring abilities.
Aston Villa vs Everton Betting Tips
Aston Villa are on an amazing streak of 12 games at Villa Park without a defeat. Unai Emery’s side sailed through their 10 most recent outings at home with nine wins and one draw. Everton won six of their previous 10 outings away from home, whilst they drew three and lost one.
Both teams to score
Aston Villa scored the first goal in seven out of their last ten games. Everton scored the opening goal in six of the last ten away from home. Everton managed two wins without conceding a goal in their previous 10 matches.
Over 2.5 goals came out nine times in the previous ten matches for Aston Villa, who scored an average of 2.4 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals came up in four of Everton’s previous ten matches. They managed to score an average of 0.9 goals in these matches. Everton conceded a goal in their last seven matches.
Match predictions: Aston Villa vs Everton
To sum up, the upcoming match between Aston Villa and Everton seems to be a good betting opportunity.