The full list of nominees for each men’s category in the 2022 CAF awards has been unveiled.
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has released the final list of nominees for the men’s categories of the CAF Awards 2022.
Former Player of the Year winners Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane, and Riyad Mahrez have each made the shortlist for the latest edition of the award. Thanks to the coronavirus pandemic, the prize hasn’t been handed out since 2019.
Manchester United midfielder Hannibal Mejbri, meanwhile, has made the cut for the Young Player of the Year shortlist.
Aside from the Player of the Year, CAF has also trimmed its lists for the other categories. 10 nominees are on the list for the Player of the Year and Interclub Player of the Year. The rest of the categories have five nominees each.
A panel of CAF legends, technical experts, and journalists chose the nominees based on their performances from September 2021 until June this year.
CAF will announce the winners for both the men’s and women’s editions at the CAF awards ceremony in Rabat, Morocco on 21 July 2022.
CAF Awards 2022 – Full list of nominees
Below are the shortlists for each category of the men’s CAF awards.
Player of the Year
- Riyad Mahrez (Algeria & Manchester City)
- Vincent Aboubakar (Cameroon & Al Nassr)
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt & Liverpool)
- Karl Toko Ekambi (Cameroon & Lyon)
- Sadio Mane (Senegal & Bayern Munich)
- Naby Keita (Guinea & Liverpool)
- Sebastien Haller (Ivory Coast & Borussia Dortmund)
- Edouard Mendy (Senegal & Chelsea)
- Achraf Hakimi (Morocco & Paris Saint-Germain)
- Kalidou Koulibaly (Senegal & Napoli)
Interclub Player of the Year
- Percy Tau (Al Ahly)
- Tiago Azulao (Petro Atletico)
- Karim Konate (ASEC Mimosas)
- Aliou Dieng (Al Ahly)
- Yahya Jabrane (Wydad Athletic Club)
- Ali Maaloul (Al Ahly)
- Zouheir El Moutaraji (Wydad Athletic Club)
- Mohamed Sherif (Al Ahly)
- Achraf Dari (Wydad Athletic Club)
- Mohamed El Shenawy (Al Ahly)
Young Player of the Year
- Hannibal Mejbri (Tunisia & Manchester United)
- Kamaldeen Sulemana (Ghana & Rennes)
- Dango Ouattara (Burkina Faso & Lorient)
- Pape Matar Sarr (Senegal & Metz)
- Karim Konate (Ivory Coast & ASEC/RB Salzburg)
Coach of the Year
- Aliou Cisse (Senegal)
- Carlos Queiroz (Egypt)
- Pitso Mosimane (Al Ahly)
- Walid Regragui (Wydad Athletic Club)
- Tom Saintfiet (The Gambia)
National Team of the Year
- Burkina Faso
Club of the Year
- Al Ahly (Egypt)
- Orlando Pirates (South Africa)
- Petro Atletico (Angola)
- Wydad Athletic Club (Morocco)
- RS Berkane (Morocco)