Sports Innovation previews the Bundesliga match between Union Berlin and Borussia Dortmund and offers team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
Borussia Dortmund visit Union Berlin on Sunday determined to capitalize on an opportunity to get back into the title race.
The second-placed visitors cannot afford to let such an opportunity go to waste, but Union Berlin are a tough nut to crack. The hosts have lost only once at home all season. However, like Dortmund, they enter the contest on the back of a defeat from their last match.
Facts and figures for Union Berlin vs Dortmund in 1. Bundesliga.
- Union Berlin have not lost 9 of the last 11 matches
- Union Berlin have drawn 3 of the last 4 home matches
- Union Berlin have not won 3 of the last 4 home matches
- B. Dortmund have scored in 39 of the last 41 away matches
- In 13 of the last 15 matches B. Dortmund played, both teams scored
- B. Dortmund have conceded in the last 14 away matches in a row
- In 4 of the last 5 Union Berlin matches versus B. Dortmund the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Union Berlin have conceded in the last 5 matches in a row versus B. Dortmund
- Union Berlin have lost 3 of the last 4 matches versus B. Dortmund
- Union Berlin have not won 3 of the last 4 matches versus B. Dortmund
Current form — Union Berlin vs Dortmund
The Iron Ones hope to return to winning ways
Union Berlin are looking to bounce back from a recent setback and get back to winning ways. In their last three matches, they first took out Hertha Berlin by 3-2, before downing B. M’gladbach by 2-1. The winning streak came to an end against Augsburg, who ran out 2-0 winners.
BVB struggling for results
B. Dortmund are a bit back and forth currently, and sadly, they are more back than forth. Against St. Pauli, they lost 2-1, before winning 2-3 against Hoffenheim. They were back on loser street last time out, in a 2-5 defeat against Bayer Leverkusen.
How do the bookies view it?
Whether your preferred betting strategy includes an accumulator or singles, there are good prices to be had. In a match between two sides performing almost identical in recent weeks, we still favor B. Dortmund to first make a breakthrough. The bookmakers currently settle the price for a home win at 4.00. A win for the visitors is 2.00, whilst a draw gets you 3.80.
Union Berlin vs Dortmund – Fixture History
The last time the two teams faced off against each other, B. Dortmund came away as 4-2 winners. It was a match played at Signal Iduna Park back in September 2021 in the 1. Bundesliga. In the last 5 meetings of these teams, the opponents played on an equal footing.
Current table in the 1. Bundesliga
Primary goal getter
With 3 goals in six matches, Max Kruse has been a regular feature on the scoresheet in recent matches, making him a tempting betting prospect, when going up against B. Dortmund and their defense. The visitors hope Erling Braut Haaland adds another to his current tally of 6 goals in his latest matches.