Sports Innovation previews the Bundesliga match between RB Leipzig and FC Koln and offers team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
Sixth meets seventh as FC Koln take a trip to RB Leipzig for their latest Bundesliga match on Friday.
It’s all to play for here, with only one point between the two sides in the Bundesliga table. Koln leapfrogged their foes into the top-six last weekend by besting Freiburg 1-0. The result moved them into sixth for the last European qualification spot via the Europa Conference League playoffs.
Leipzig, however, are in excellent form under new manager Domenico Tedesco. The seventh-placed hosts have won four of their last five games in all competitions and pushed Bayern Munich all the way last weekend.
Stats and facts for Leipzig vs Koln in 1. Bundesliga.
- RB Leipzig have scored in 26 of the last 28 matches
- RB Leipzig have won 7 of the last 9 home matches
- RB Leipzig have not lost 9 of the last 11 home matches
- FC Koln have conceded in 24 of the last 26 away matches
- In the last 5 away matches in a row FC Koln played, both teams scored
- FC Koln have scored in 12 of the last 14 matches
- FC Koln have not won 4 of the last 5 matches
- In 8 of the last 9 matches RB Leipzig versus FC Koln played, both teams scored
- In 6 of the last 8 RB Leipzig matches versus FC Koln the sum of goals was over 2.5
- RB Leipzig have scored in 8 of the last 9 matches versus FC Koln
- RB Leipzig have conceded in 8 of the last 9 matches versus FC Koln
- RB Leipzig have not lost 7 of the last 9 matches versus FC Koln
Current form — Leipzig vs Koln
Red Bulls are on a roll
RB Leipzig are looking to bounce back from a recent setback and get back to winning ways. In their last three matches, they first took out Hansa Rostock by 2-0, before downing Wolfsburg by 2-0. The winning streak came to an end against Bayern Munich, who ran out 3-2 winners.
Visitors hope to boost points tally
FC Koln look solid currently after going 3 matches unbeaten, which started by drawing 0-0 against Hamburger SV. They followed that up by sharing the spoils with Bochum in a 2-2 draw, before taking out Freiburg in a 1-0 win.
How do the bookies view it?
Judging by the strong performances mentioned above, RB Leipzig seem in with a good chance of another win against FC Koln. The bookmakers currently settle the price for a home win at 1.46, while a win for the visitors gets you odds 6.75. Depending on your betting strategy, one could always consider a well-paid accumulator.
Leipzig vs Koln – Fixture History
RB Leipzig and FC Koln had to settle for a point each in their most recent 1. Bundesliga match, which finished with a 1-1 scoreline. Depending on your betting strategy, another draw will no doubt spice up your next accumulator. In the last 9 meetings of these teams, the opponents played on an equal footing.
Current table in the 1. Bundesliga
Looking at the goalscorer market, it would seem a good idea to side with Andre Silva. He is one of the RB Leipzig players, who is showing decent form now. He managed to find the back of the net 4 times in his most recent outing. Surely, he will want to add more goals against FC Koln.
The visitors will be looking to in-form Anthony Modeste to find the net once again, as he has been their main man recently.