Sports Innovation previews the Bundesliga match between Mainz and Bayer Leverkusen and offers team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
Bayer Leverkusen kick-off the latest round of Bundesliga action when they visit Mainz on Friday evening.
Gerardo Seoane’s men are flying high this season, sitting up in a respectable third in the Bundesliga table. The visitors have bagged a club-record 58 goals in 22 league games. In fact, their last eight matches have seen 40 goals and they’re now gunning to score four or more goals for the fourth consecutive match.
Mainz, however, boast the Bundesliga’s best defensive record with 24 goals conceded. The 05ers’ form has been a bit up and down of late, but their results at home have been impressive. Not only have they lost only once in 11 games (W7 D3), but they’ve conceded just five times and kept a clean sheet in their last four matches at the MEWA Arena.
Stats and facts for Mainz vs Leverkusen in 1. Bundesliga.
- Mainz 05 have not lost 14 of the last 16 home matches
- Mainz 05 have scored in 17 of the last 19 matches
- Mainz 05 have not won 6 of the last 8 matches
- Mainz 05 have conceded in 6 of the last 8 matches
- Mainz 05 have not conceded in 4 of the last 5 home matches
- Bayer Leverkusen have scored in 29 of the last 31 matches
- In 11 of the last 12 matches Bayer Leverkusen played, both teams scored
- Bayer Leverkusen have conceded in the last 12 matches in a row
- Bayer Leverkusen have won the last 4 matches in a row
- Mainz 05 have conceded in 13 of the last 14 matches versus Bayer Leverkusen
- Mainz 05 have lost 7 of the last 8 matches versus Bayer Leverkusen
- Mainz 05 have not won the last 8 matches versus Bayer Leverkusen in a row
- In 4 of the last 5 Mainz 05 matches versus Bayer Leverkusen the sum of goals was under 1.5
- In 6 of the last 8 Mainz 05 home matches versus Bayer Leverkusen the sum of goals was over 3.5
Current form — Mainz vs Leverkusen
The 05ers keep target in sight
Mainz 05 have seen it all in their last 3 matches, which brought home 4 points. Against Greuther Fuerth, they came out empty-handed in a 2-1 defeat, whereafter they avenged themselves in a 2-0 win against Hoffenheim. Their latest match saw them sharing the spoils in a 1-1 draw against Freiburg.
Away side mean business
Bayer Leverkusen enter the contest aiming to continue their incredible form. In their last 3 matches, they first thrashed Augsburg 5-1 before seeing off Borussia Dortmund 5-2. They defeated Stuttgart 4-2 in their previous encounter.
How do the bookies view it?
The two teams appear evenly matched by the bookies, but current form makes Bayer Leverkusen our choice for a win. At the time of writing, a win for Mainz 05 gets you odds 3.30, while a draw could add 3.80 to an accumulator. Depending on your preferred betting strategy, you could also opt for the away win for Bayer Leverkusen at 2.20.
Mainz vs Leverkusen – Fixture History
The last match between these sides was a close affair that saw Bayer Leverkusen snatch a narrow 1-0 victory in September 2021.
Over 2.5 goals only came out as a winning bet 3 times in the past 10 matches between Mainz 05 and Bayer Leverkusen. Both teams found the back of the net 3 times in those 10 matches. When looking for value bets with your betting strategy, adding both teams not to score to accumulator looks like the smart move.
Current table in the 1. Bundesliga
Primary goal getter
Ahead of their latest Bundesliga match, both Mainz and Bayer Leverkusen will be looking for their main strikers. Accordingly, we have listed some of the in-form players who are expected to be getting it on for each team this season.