Sports Innovation previews the Bundesliga match between Hoffenheim and VfB Stuttgart and offers team stats and betting tips with the latest odds.
The fun end of the table meets the lower end of the 1. Bundesliga, when Hoffenheim face off against VfB Stuttgart. It is a match that offers both sides the opportunity to either consolidate or improve on their position in the 1. Bundesliga.
Ranked 5th in the 1. Bundesliga table, Hoffenheim have collected 37 points from 23 games and lie 18 points ahead of their 17th-placed opponents.
Die Kraichgauer enter their next 1. Bundesliga match, averaging a decent 1.8 goals per game in their last 10 matches, where they pulled off 18 goals, while also conceding 15 times. That amounts to an average of 1.5 per game, in which they kept their opponents from scoring 1 time.
VfB Stuttgart travel to their next 1. Bundesliga match, averaging a lowly 0.9 goals per game in their last 10 matches. They scored a disappointing total of 9 goals, while also conceding 20 goals. That amounts to an average of 2 per game, in which they kept their opponents from scoring 2 times.
Stats and facts for Hoffenheim vs Stuttgart in 1. Bundesliga.
- Hoffenheim have scored in the last 11 home matches in a row
- In 9 of the last 11 matches Hoffenheim played, both teams scored
- Hoffenheim have conceded in 10 of the last 11 matches
- Hoffenheim have not lost 9 of the last 11 home matches
- Hoffenheim have lost 4 of the last 5 matches
- VfB Stuttgart have not won 10 of the last 12 away matches
- In the last 3 matches in a row VfB Stuttgart played, both teams scored
- VfB Stuttgart have conceded in 10 of the last 12 matches
- VfB Stuttgart have lost 6 of the last 8 matches
- In 7 of the last 9 Hoffenheim home matches versus VfB Stuttgart the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Hoffenheim have not lost the last 6 home matches versus VfB Stuttgart in a row
- Hoffenheim have scored in 11 of the last 13 matches versus VfB Stuttgart
- Hoffenheim have not won 7 of the last 9 matches versus VfB Stuttgart
- Hoffenheim have conceded in 8 of the last 10 matches versus VfB Stuttgart
Current form — Hoffenheim vs Stuttgart
Hosts continue to look blunt
Hoffenheim look back on their last 3 matches with 6 points to show from their efforts. Against Mainz 05, they were left empty-handed in a 2-0 defeat, but they avenged themselves by beating Arminia Bielefeld in a 2-0 win. They followed that up with a 2-1 win against Wolfsburg in their most recent outing.
Trouble looms for the Reds
Only a single point prevents VfB Stuttgart from having nothing to show for their previous 3 games. They came up short, losing by 2-3 and 4-2 against Eintracht and Bayer Leverkusen, respectively. Their latest match brought some consolation, as they were able to hang on for a 1-1 draw against Bochum.
How do the bookies view it?
Betting on VfB Stuttgart will get you odds 6.00, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a small chance of snatching all 3 points. You can get a price of 1.55, should you wish to add Hoffenheim to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Hoffenheim vs Stuttgart – Fixture History
The last time the two teams faced off against each other, VfB Stuttgart came away as 3-1 winners. In was a match played at Mercedes-Benz Arena back in October 2021 in the 1. Bundesliga.
In the last 10 meetings of these teams, the opponents played on an equal footing. Over 3.5 goals happened 5 times in the last 10 encounters between these two rivals. Hoffenheim managed an average of 1.5 goals, with VfB Stuttgart averaging 1.9 goals. Both teams to score was a winning bet 6 times in this run of matches.
Current table in the 1. Bundesliga
Ahead of their latest Bundesliga match, both Hoffenheim and VfB Stuttgart will be looking for their main strikers. Accordingly, we have listed some of the in-form players who are expected to be getting it on for each team this season.