Sports Innovation previews the Bundesliga match between Hoffenheim and Borussia Dortmund and offers team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
Three more points are at stake as Hoffenheim and Borussia Dortmund lock horns at the PreZero Arena in a Bundesliga match on Saturday.
Having played 19 games each this season, nine points and two spots separate the two sides. Dortmund are ahead in second place in the Bundesliga table. A win would move them to within three points of leaders Bayern Munich, who visit Hertha BSC the next day. While Hoffenheim rank fourth, with 31 points to their account.
Facts and figures for Hoffenheim vs B. Dortmund in 1. Bundesliga.
- Hoffenheim have not lost 14 of the last 15 home matches
- Hoffenheim have won 7 of the last 8 home matches
- Hoffenheim have not won 3 of the last 4 matches
- B. Dortmund have scored in 37 of the last 39 away matches
- B. Dortmund have conceded in the last 12 away matches in a row
- In the last 7 away matches in a row B. Dortmund played, both teams scored
- In 12 of the last 14 matches Hoffenheim versus B. Dortmund played, both teams scored
- Hoffenheim have scored in 23 of the last 25 matches versus B. Dortmund
- Hoffenheim have conceded in 19 of the last 20 matches versus B. Dortmund
- In 10 of the last 12 Hoffenheim matches versus B. Dortmund the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Hoffenheim have not lost 9 of the last 11 home matches versus B. Dortmund
Current form — Hoffenheim vs B. Dortmund
The hosts hope to stop the rot
Hoffenheim have been a bit bleak in their last 3 matches, although it opened with a 3-1 victory against Augsburg. Unable to follow that up, they went down 2-1 against Union Berlin, before handing over all 3 points in a 4-1 defeat against Freiburg.
BVB hope to boost points tally
Although losing their latest outing, results have generally been decent in the last 3 matches for B. Dortmund. They first took out Eintracht by 2-3 before downing Freiburg by 5-1. The winning streak came to an end against St. Pauli, who ran out 2-1 winners.
How do the bookies view it?
It has the look of an equal match-up, in theory. B. Dortmund, however, still represent slightly better value in our opinion than Hoffenheim. Bookies have a home win priced at 3.25, while paying out 2.10 for the away win. Should they split the points, the draw ramps up a potential accumulator at 4.20 with the bookmakers, depending on your preferred betting strategy.
Hoffenheim vs B. Dortmund – Fixture History
The last time the pair played each other, B. Dortmund came away as 3-2 winners in a 1. Bundesliga, back in August 2021.
Hoffenheim enter the match against B. Dortmund with a 3-3-4 record in their previous 10 encounters in the 1. Bundesliga. This amounts to a 30% winning ratio for the hosts, with the away side victorious in 40% of the last 10 encounters. In the last 10 meetings of these teams, the opponents played on an equal footing.
Current table in the 1. Bundesliga
Looking at the 1. Bundesliga standings right now, the difference between these opponents is 9 points. Hoffenheim cannot squeeze past B. Dortmund in the standings anytime soon, but will be eager to reduce or at least maintain the current gap. B. Dortmund, ranked 2nd on 40 points, will do their part to widen the distance to their upcoming opponents on Saturday.
Ihlas Bebou has been hitting the target on a regular basis in recent matches. Hoffenheim will no doubt look to him for more goals in their next match against B. Dortmund. The visitors are surely hoping Erling Braut Haaland adds another to his current total. With 5 goals in recent matches, the Norwegian striker boasts a decent goal ratio right now.