Sports Innovation previews the Bundesliga match between Borussia Dortmund and Freiburg and offers team stats and betting tips with the latest odds.
Borussia Dortmund can move to within three points of Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich in Friday’s clash with Freiburg at Signal Iduna Park.
The Black and Yellows are currently placed in second in the Bundesliga table, six points behind the leaders. Freiburg, meanwhile, are up in an impressive fourth. The visitors have performed above expectations this season and will surely be eyeing an upset here.
Stats and facts for B. Dortmund and Freiburg in 1. Bundesliga.
- B. Dortmund have scored in 44 of the last 45 home matches
- In 9 of the last 11 matches B. Dortmund played, both teams scored
- B. Dortmund have won 10 of the last 12 home matches
- B. Dortmund have conceded in 9 of the last 11 matches
- Freiburg have not lost 11 of the last 13 away matches
- Freiburg have conceded in 9 of the last 11 matches
- In 3 of the last 4 matches Freiburg played, both teams scored
- Freiburg have not won 5 of the last 7 matches
- B. Dortmund have scored in 30 of the last 32 matches versus Freiburg
- B. Dortmund have not lost the last 13 home matches versus Freiburg in a row
- B. Dortmund have won 12 of the last 13 home matches versus Freiburg
- In 7 of the last 9 B. Dortmund home matches versus Freiburg the sum of goals was over 3.5
- In 8 of the last 10 B. Dortmund home matches versus Freiburg the sum of goals was over 2.5
Current form — B. Dortmund vs Freiburg
BVB looking for more
B. Dortmund are a bit back and forth at the moment, but at least mostly forth, as they beat Greuther Fuerth by 3-0. Following that up proved too difficult, as they lost 3-2 against Hertha Berlin, before claiming 3 points in a 3-2 win against Eintracht.
The Breisgau Brazilians hope to boost points tally
Freiburg go into their upcoming match unbeaten in their previous 3 matches, which started off with a 0-0 draw against Union Berlin. They went on to beat Bayer Leverkusen by 2-1, before sharing the spoils with Arminia Bielefeld in a 2-2 draw.
How do the bookies view it?
With home advantage on their side, Borussia Dortmund are the odds-on favorites for this Bundesliga match. A home win returns odds of 1.52 with Mr. Green, while a Freiburg victory pays out at 6.00 through Betfair. For a draw, ComeOn! is offerings odds of 4.80.
B. Dortmund vs Freiburg — fixture history
The last time the pair played each other, Freiburg came away as 2-1 winners in a 1. Bundesliga, back in August 2021.
B. Dortmund enter the match against Freiburg with a 5-3-2 record in their previous 10 encounters in the 1. Bundesliga. This amounts to a 50% winning ratio for the hosts, with the away side victorious in 20% of the last 10 encounters. The past 10 matches have largely been entertaining matches. With more than two goals coming out 7 times in these encounters, it is only natural to look for goals on Friday.
Current table in the 1. Bundesliga
Looking at the current 1. Bundesliga standings, B. Dortmund and Freiburg are currently 7 points and 2 places apart. BVB will no doubt attempt to grab all three points on Friday to move further up the league table. Despite being the outsider in this clash, Freiburg will try to make this a miserable day for their opponents. The result of this game could have a big impact on both teams in their upcoming matches.
Primary goal getter
Looking at the goalscorer market, it would seem a good idea to side with Erling Braut Haaland. He is one of the B. Dortmund players, who is showing decent form now. He has managed to find the back of the net 5 times in his most recent outings. Surely, he will want to add more goals against Freiburg.
The visitors will be looking to in-form Philipp Lienhart to find the net once again, as he has been their main man recently.