Sports Innovation previews the Bundesliga match between Bochum and Bayern Munich and offers team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
Bayern Munich pay a visit to Bochum on Saturday afternoon for their latest Bundesliga match of the 2021/22 campaign.
A 10th consecutive league title is on the cards for the Bavarians, having built a nine-point lead at the top of the standings. They’ve also scored in all of their last 68 matches and thrashed Bochum 7-0 in their previous meeting.
Bochum aren’t exactly in the best of form either. The 11th-placed hosts have won just one of their last seven league games (D3 L3) ahead of their latest fixture.
Facts and figures for Bochum vs Bayern Munich in 1. Bundesliga.
- Bochum have conceded in 13 of the last 15 matches
- Bochum have not won 7 of the last 9 matches
- Bayern Munich have scored in 49 of the last 50 away matches
- Bayern München have won 13 of the last 15 matches
- Bayern Munich have not lost 15 of the last 17 away matches
- In 5 of the last 7 away matches Bayern Munich played, both teams scored
- Bochum have not won the last 11 matches versus Bayern Munich in a row
- In 10 of the last 11 Bochum matches versus Bayern Munich the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Bochum have lost 9 of the last 11 matches versus Bayern Munich
- Bochum have conceded in 15 of the last 17 matches versus Bayern Munich
- In 5 of the last 6 Bochum matches versus Bayern Munich the sum of goals was over 3.5
Current form — Bochum vs Bayern Munich
Bochum are in decent shape
Bochum look in good shape before their upcoming match, as they seek to remain unbeaten. They started taking out Mainz 05 in a 3-1 win, before a 2-2 draw followed against FC Koln. Their most recent outing resulted in a 1-1 draw in a hard-fought encounter with Hertha Berlin.
The visitors keep on winning
Bayern Munich are in an excellent run of form ahead of another Bundesliga fixture. In their last 3 matches, they first beat FC Koln 4-0 before breezing past Hertha BSC by a 4-1 scoreline. They beat RB Leipzig 3-2 last time out.
How do the bookies view it?
Being both the bookmakers’ favorite at odds 1.22, Bayern Munich seem the natural pick. Should this price be a tad low for your betting strategy, consider adding it to an accumulator.
Bochum vs Bayern Munich – Fixture History
Bayern Munich won the last two meetings against Bochum in the 1. Bundesliga by a comfortable margin. A 7-0 win was the follow-up to a 3-1 win in two entertaining encounters. No doubt worth keeping in mind before settling on your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
It seems highly likely we are in for a seriously entertaining match. The previous 10 matches have been joyous affairs as more than two goals came out no less than 9 times. Both teams to score paid out 7 times in these 10 matches.
Current table in the 1. Bundesliga
Man of the Moment
Despite having scored just once lately, Sebastian Polter is one of the players from Bochum who we expect to be hitting the net again quite soon. Similarly, Bayern Munich have Robert Lewandowski on top of the list with 8 goals to his account at this point. Equally, more goals are to be expected from him.