Sports Innovation previews the Bundesliga match between Bayern Munich and Borussia Monchengladbach and offers team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
Bayern Munich aim to make eight wins in a row on Friday night against a struggling Borussia Monchengladbach.
The two sides enter the clash on very different runs of form. Bayern Munich, for one, are flying high. The Bavarians are on a seven-match winning run across all competitions, allowing them to move nine points clear at the top of the Bundesliga table.
Gladbach, in comparison, have lost four of their five league games (D1) and haven’t won a match since November 20. The Colts are down in 14th in the standings, two points above the danger zone.
Due to a COVID-19 outbreak, both teams could be missing several players for Friday’s showdown.
Stats and facts for Bayern Munich vs Gladbach in 1. Bundesliga.
- Bayern Munich have scored in 47 of the last 49 home matches
- Bayern Munich have won 13 of the last 15 matches
- Bayern Munich have not lost 13 of the last 15 matches
- In the last 4 away matches in a row B. M’gladbach played, both teams scored
- B. M’gladbach have conceded in 13 of the last 15 away matches
- B. M’gladbach have not won 8 of the last 9 away matches
- B. M’gladbach have lost 4 of the last 5 matches
- In 8 of the last 9 Bayern Munich matches versus B. M’gladbach the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 7 of the last 9 matches Bayern Munich versus B. M’gladbach played, both teams scored
- Bayern Munich have scored in 12 of the last 13 matches versus B. M’gladbach
- Bayern Munich have conceded in 8 of the last 9 matches versus B. M’gladbach
- In 18 of the last 20 Bayern Munich matches versus B. M’gladbach the sum of goals was over 1.5
Current form — Bayern Munich vs Gladbach
The Bavarians are on a roll
Bayern Munich have really been enjoying their football in their previous 3 matches, which started off with a 2-1 win against Mainz 05. They went on to beat VfB Stuttgart by 0-5, before also getting the better of Wolfsburg in a 4-0 victory.
The Colts out to end a poor run of form
Only a single point prevents B. M’gladbach from having nothing to show for their previous 3 games. They came up short, losing by 4-1 and 2-3 against RB Leipzig and Eintracht, respectively. Their latest match brought some consolation, as they were able to hang on for a 1-1 draw against Hoffenheim.
How do the bookies view it?
Just limiting an expected defeat might be the target for B. M’gladbach here. Siding with Bayern Munich at odds 1.39 is a no-brainer in the kind of form they are displaying. Should this price be a tad low for your betting strategy, consider adding it to an accumulator.
Bayern Munich vs Gladbach — fixture history
The most recent outing in the Bundesliga between Bayern Munich and B. M’gladbach took place in May 2021. The match failed to produce a winner, with the score reading 1-1 after the final whistle. Depending on your betting strategy, another draw will no doubt spice up your next accumulator.
Bayern Munich enter the match against B. M’gladbach with a 5-1-4 record in their previous 10 encounters in the 1. Bundesliga. This amounts to a 50% winning ratio for the Bavarians, with the away side victorious in 40% of the last 10 encounters. In the last 10 meetings of these teams, the opponents played on an equal footing.
Current table in the 1. Bundesliga
As the current 1. Bundesliga standings show us, the difference between the two teams is 24 points. Even though B. M’gladbach cannot overtake Bayern Munich in the league standings right away, they will surely look to reduce or at least maintain the current gap. Bayern Munich, who are ranked 1st with 43 points, will do their part to widen the distance to their upcoming opponents on Friday.
Man of the Moment
Looking at the goalscorer market, it would seem a good idea to side with Robert Lewandowski. He is one of the Bayern Munich players, who is showing decent form now. He managed to find the back of the net 5 times in his most recent outings. Surely, he will want to add more goals against B. M’gladbach.
The visitors will be looking to in-form Jonas Hofmann to find the net once again, as he has been their main man recently.