Ace Football previews the Premier League game between Bournemouth and Southampton who meet up this coming Wednesday. The match preview includes the current team news, H2H stats as well as the best betting tips for the match.
Bournemouth and Southampton face off in round 12 at Vitality Stadium, and it has the look of a tight match between these two teams as they are currently looking evenly matched. Bournemouth are looking for payback after suffering a disappointing defeat in their latest encounter with Southampton but the odds don’t favor them to pull it off.
Position in the Premier League table: Bournemouth vs Southampton
The current standings in the Premier League show us how Bournemouth and Southampton have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 12 clash this coming Wednesday.
Bournemouth vs Southampton – Fixture History
Bournemouth tough to break down
Bournemouth will be out to extend their fine run of results lately. The Cherries are unbeaten in their last three games after drawing 0-0 with Brentford, beating Leicester2-1 and drawing 2-2 with Fulham.
Southampton caught in a slump
Results have been dismal for Southampton in recent weeks and they will be bordering on desperation for a quick turnaround. In their previous three games, the Saints lost 1-2 and 4-0 against Everton and Manchester City, respectively, before drawing 1-1 with West Ham.
Fixture history: Bournemouth vs Southampton
The last time the pair played each other, the Saints came away as 3-0 winners in the Premier League, back in March 2021. At the time of writing, the bookmakers are offering the following prices on this encounter: betting on Southampton will get you odds 2.60, meaning the bookies predict, they are in with a 38% chance of beating Bournemouth. You can get a price of 2.70, should you wish to add Bournemouth to your accumulator, if that is your preferred betting strategy.
Highlights from the last time Bournemouth and Southampton met:
Bournemouth vs Southampton Stats
Here are some interesting betting-relevant facts based on statistics from the last couple of matches that Bournemouth and Southampton played across all tournaments.
- Bournemouth have not lost the last 6 matches in a row
- In 4 of the last 5 matches Bournemouth played, both teams scored
- Bournemouth have conceded in 8 of the last 10 matches
- Bournemouth have not lost the last 3 home matches in a row
- Bournemouth have drawn 3 of the last 4 matches
- Southampton have not won 14 of the last 16 away matches
- Southampton have conceded in 12 of the last 13 matches
- Southampton have not won the last 5 matches in a row
- Southampton have lost the last 3 away matches in a row
- Southampton have lost 4 of the last 5 matches
- Bournemouth have not won 7 of the last 8 matches versus Southampton
- In the last 3 Bournemouth home matches versus Southampton the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Bournemouth have not won the last 4 home matches versus Southampton in a row
- In the last 3 Bournemouth home matches versus Southampton the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 5 of the last 7 Bournemouth matches versus Southampton the sum of goals was under 3.5
Players to watch in Bournemouth vs Southampton
Philip Billing is one of the Bournemouth players, who is expected to score on a regular basis. His current season total is three goals. Southampton have their eyes fixed on Adam Armstrong, who is on a single goal so far this campaign. No doubt more will follow soon, when he hits his stride.
Bournemouth vs Southampton Match predictions
To sum up, the upcoming Premier League clash seems to be a good opportunity to place some bets. Taking into account the statements from above, we have come up with the main prediction for this match as well as some alternative betting tips.