Ace Football previews the Bundesliga clash between Bochum and Bayern München and offers team stats, fixture history, betting tips and the latest odds.
Struggling Bochum are most likely in for a tough assignment when going up against Bayern München on Sunday at Vonovia Ruhrstadion. With a string of mediocre performances, at best, it would be astounding to see the former take any point here.
It has the look of a season in which a relegation battle will play a major part for Bochum, who naturally dreams of extending their stay in the Bundesliga. Anything lower than at least a second-place finish would probably be considered a disappointment for Bayern München, as they look to build a title challenge.
There has been a real flow of goals lately at both ends of the pitch for Bochum in recent games. They both scored and conceded in their last eight matches on the bounce, making this scenario worth considering at current prices with the bookmakers.
Current table in the Bundesliga
Let’s have a look at the present situation in the Bundesliga table. Bochum are currently sitting on position number 17 as they have recorded zero points in two matches. The visitors are number one at the moment after having scored six points in two games so far. The difference between the two teams is currently six points and 16 spots. It will be interesting to see how the two clashing teams split the points in this upcoming match.
Current form and previous Bundesliga encounter between Bochum and Bayern München
Bochum hope to stop the rot
Bochum have been a bit bleak in their last three matches, although it opened with a 0-3 victory against FC Viktoria 1889 Berlin. Unable to follow that up, they went down 1-2 against Mainz 05, before handing over all three points in a 3-2 defeat against Hoffenheim.
Bayern München are looking formidable
Bayern München went unbeaten through their last three matches, which began with a 2-2 draw against Wolfsburg. A 1-6 win against Eintracht followed, before they beat Wolfsburg by 2-0.
Fixture history: Bochum vs Bayern München
Bayern München took a knock when Bochum handed them a 4-2 defeat in their last Bundesliga encounter. The former did win the reverse match though, as they secured 3 points to their name by claiming a 7-0 win.
Highlights from the last time Bochum and Bayern München met:
Bochum vs Bayern München Stats
Here are some interesting betting-relevant facts based on statistics from the last couple of matches that Bochum and Bayern München played across all tournaments.
- In 9 of the last 11 matches Bochum played, both teams scored
- Bochum have conceded in 16 of the last 18 home matches
- Bochum have scored in 14 of the last 15 matches
- Bochum have conceded in 15 of the last 17 matches
- In 6 of the last 7 home matches Bochum played, both teams scored
- Bayern München have scored in 49 of the last 51 away matches
- Bayern München have scored in 35 of the last 37 matches
- In the last 5 away matches in a row Bayern München played, both teams scored
- In 7 of the last 9 matches Bayern München played, both teams scored
- Bayern München have not lost 10 of the last 12 matches
- In 11 of the last 12 Bochum matches versus Bayern München the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Bochum have not won 16 of the last 18 matches versus Bayern München
- Bochum have conceded in 16 of the last 18 matches versus Bayern München
- In 8 of the last 9 Bochum home matches versus Bayern München the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 3 of the last 4 Bochum matches versus Bayern München the sum of goals was over 5.5
Man of the Moment
It is difficult to look past Simon Zoller, when on the search for a marksman. He seems to be on a strong run as he hit the target three times in his last 6 games for Bochum. Jamal Musiala has managed to score four times in the last half dozen matches for Bayern München. It is probably safe to say that they will both be looking to add to their total here once again.
Best tips for the match: Bochum vs Bayern München
To sum up, the upcoming Bundesliga clash seems to be a good opportunity to place some bets. Taking into account the statements from above, we have come up with the main prediction for this match as well as some alternative betting tips.