The Bayern manager had expressed his surprise at Barcelona’s spending during the summer transfer window.
Julian Nagelsmann has insisted he has no problems with Barcelona president Joan Laporta after their recent exchange.
Nagelsmann didn’t hide his surprise at Barcelona’s extensive summer recruitment during a press conference last week.
The German manager said: “Barcelona is the only club in the world that can buy players without money. It’s crazy.”
Laporta hit back at Nagelsmann on Thursday, hinting Barca can have more ‘surprises’ this summer.
“I’d ask him to focus on their accounts, that have received good money for Lewandowski,” the Barcelona president said.
“To those that are surprised, I would say we are very much alive and back on the market. There may be more surprises,”
Barcelona have spent around €160 million this summer amid their well-documented financial problems.
The likes of Jules Kounde, Robert Lewandowski, Raphinha, Andreas Christensen, Pablo Tore, and Franck Kessie have arrived at the Spanish side as part of their squad rebuild project under Xavi Hernandez.
Nagelsmann was asked about Laporta’s comments in a press conference ahead of Bayern’s upcoming Super League clash against Leipzig.
“It’s good that he [Laporta] expresses himself, I would do that too,” the Bayern boss said.
“It was just a question from a fan point of view. I have no problem with Laporta speaking out, he has to represent his club.”
He added: “I’ll always give my opinion in the future. I don’t write down all my answers before the press conference.
“It’s coming spontaneously. That’s maybe not always the smartest thing. I don’t have a problem with Laporta responding back, that’s part of the game.”