Ace Football previews the Champions League round 2 match between Bayern München and Barcelona and offers team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
The Champions League game at Allianz Arena this coming Tuesday will see visitors Barcelona facing home side Bayern München.
The last time Bayern München played Barcelona, they booked three points to their account and look well primed to secure another win this coming Tuesday.
Position in the Champions League standings: Bayern München vs Barcelona
The current Group C table shows these two sides on the same number of points so far this season. As such, both have an opportunity to gain some ground on their upcoming opponent in this round 2 clash. There is every reason to keep a close watch on Bayern München clashing with Barcelona over three points on Tuesday.
Latest form and fixture history of Bayern München against Barcelona
Bayern München opened with a point
Results have been on par for Bayern München in their past games, as they have performed more or less according to expectations. Bayern München have gone unbeaten in their previous three matches, which included a 1-1 draw with Union Berlin, a 0-2 victory over Inter, and a 2-2 draw with VfB Stuttgart.
Barcelona happy with premiere
Barcelona are in awesome shape going into this next encounter, as they won their last three matches on the bounce. Sevilla got left behind in a 0-3 win, before Viktoria Plzen got hammered in a 5-1 victory. Cadiz was the most recent victim in a 0-4 win for Barcelona.
Latest games between Bayern München and Barcelona
Bayern München held on to a clean sheet in their last 2 encounters with Barcelona in the Champions League. They ended up 3-0 winners in December 2021 and 3-0 winners in September 2021. Perhaps something worth considering before settling on your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Bayern München vs Barcelona Stats
Let’s have a look at some of the most interesting betting-relevant facts based on stats from the last couple of games that Bayern München and Barcelona played across all tournaments.
- Bayern München have scored in 40 of the last 42 matches
- Bayern München have scored in 24 of the last 25 home matches
- Bayern München have not lost 18 of the last 20 home matches
- Bayern München have not lost 15 of the last 17 matches
- Bayern München have won 6 of the last 8 matches
- Barcelona have not lost the last 19 away matches in a row
- Barcelona have not lost the last 13 matches in a row
- Barcelona have scored in 27 of the last 29 away matches
- Barcelona have won 9 of the last 11 away matches
- Barcelona have scored in 12 of the last 13 matches
- In the last 7 Bayern München matches versus Barcelona the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Bayern München have won 6 of the last 7 matches versus Barcelona
- Bayern München have not lost 7 of the last 8 matches versus Barcelona
- Bayern München have won the last 3 home matches versus Barcelona in a row
- In the last 3 Bayern München home matches versus Barcelona the sum of goals was over 2.5
As the new Champions League campaign has recently started, we are still a bit in the dark, as to which striker will dominate the top scorer table for Bayern München and Barcelona this season. However, there might be some interesting prospects, when looking at the list of players who are in the best form at the moment.
Match predictions: Bayern München vs Barcelona
In conclusion, we present betting tips for this game between Bayern München and Barcelona, which are based on the above-mentioned stats and facts. Besides the main prediction for this match, we have some low and high-risk alternatives as well.